1. At that time Merodach-Baladan, the son of Baladan, king of Babylon, sent letters and a present to Hezekiah; for he had heard that he had been sick, and had recovered.
2. And Hezekiah rejoiced over them, and let them see the house of his precious things, the silver, and the gold, and the spices, and the precious ointment, and all the house of his armor, and all that was found in his treasures. There was nothing in his house, nor in all his kingdom that Hezekiah did not let them see.
3. Then Isaiah the prophet came to King Hezekiah, and said to him, “What did these men say? And where did they come from to you?” And Hezekiah said, “They have come from a far country to me, from Babylon.”
4. Then he said, “What have they seen in your house?” And Hezekiah answered, “All that is in my house they have seen; there is nothing among my treasures that I have not shown them.”
5. Then Isaiah said to Hezekiah, “Hear the Word of the LORD of hosts.
6. ‘Behold, the days come when all that is in your house, and that which your fathers have laid up in store until this day, shall be carried to Babylon. Nothing shall be left,’ says the LORD.
7. ‘And of your sons which shall issue from you, which you shall beget, they shall take away; and they shall be officials in the palace of the king of Babylon.’”
8. Then Hezekiah said to Isaiah, “Good is the word of the LORD which you have spoken.” And he said, “For at least there shall be peace and truth in my days.”
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved