1. “Comfort ye, comfort ye, My people,” says your God.
2. “Speak comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned; for she has received of the LORD’S hand double for all her sins.”
4. Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low; and the crooked places shall be made straight, and the rough places plain;
5. And the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together; for the mouth of the LORD has spoken.”
6. A voice says, “Cry!” And he said, “What shall I cry?” “All flesh is grass, and all the beauty of it is as the flower of the field.
7. The grass withers, the flower fades because the breath of the LORD blows upon it; surely the people are grass.
8. The grass withers, the flower fades; but the Word of our God shall stand forever.”
9. Go up for yourself on the high mountain; O you that bring good tidings to Zion. Lift up your voice with strength, O you who tell good tidings to Jerusalem; lift up, do not be afraid. Say to the cities of Judah, “Behold your God!”
10. Behold, the Lord GOD will come with a strong hand, and His arm shall rule for Him; behold, His reward is with Him, and His work before Him.
11. He shall feed His flock like a shepherd; He shall gather the lambs with His arm, and carry them in His bosom, and shall gently lead those with young.
12. Who has measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, and meted out the heavens with a span? And who has comprehended the dust of the earth in a measure, and weighed the mountains in scales, and the hills in a balance?
13. Who has directed the Spirit of the LORD, and who was His counselor that he might instruct Him?
14. With whom did He take counsel, and who instructed Him and taught Him in the path of judgment, and taught Him knowledge, and made known the way of understanding to Him?
15. Behold, the nations are like a drop in a bucket, and are counted as the small dust of the scales; behold, He takes up the isles as a very little thing.
16. And Lebanon is not sufficient to burn, nor the beasts of it sufficient for a burnt offering.
17. All nations before Him are as nothing; and they are counted by Him as less than nothing, and vanity.
18. To whom then will you compare God? Or what likeness will you compare to Him?
19. The workman melts a graven image, and the goldsmith spreads it over with gold, and casts silver chains.
20. He who is too poor for that offering chooses a tree that will not rot; he seeks for a skillful workman for himself to prepare a graven image that will not totter.
21. Have you not known? Have you not heard? Has it not been told you from the beginning? Have you not understood from the foundations of the earth?
22. It is He Who sits above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers; It is He Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them out like a tent to dwell in;
23. Who brings the rulers to nothing; He makes the judges of the earth as vanity.
24. No sooner are they planted, no sooner are they sown, no sooner do they take root in the ground, then He shall blow upon them, and they shall wither, and the whirlwind shall take them away like stubble.
26. Lift up your eyes on high, and behold, Who has created these things, Who brings out their host by number? He calls them all by names by the greatness of His might, for He is strong in power; not one fails.
27. Why do you say, O Jacob, and O Israel you speak, “My way is hidden from the LORD and my cause is disregarded by my God?”
28. Have you not known? Have you not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, does not grow weak nor weary? And His understanding no one can fathom.
29. He gives power to the weary; and to him with no might, He increases strength.
30. Even the young shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall;
31. But those who wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
HRHSp3fsthat her warfareH6635
HCshe has receivedH3947
HVqp3fsof the LORD'SH3068
HNcmsais calling outH7121
HVqrmsain the wilderness,H4057
HNcbscof the LORD,H3068
HVpv2mpin the desertH6160
HNcfsafor our God.H430
HNcbsashall be exalted,H5375
HCHNcfsashall be made low;H8213
HVqi3mpand the crookedH6121
HTdHNcmsaplaces shall beH1961
HRHNcmsaand the rough placesH7406
And the gloryH3519
HNcbscof the LORDH3068
HNpshall be revealed,H1540
HNcmscof the LORDH3068
HVqv2msAnd he said,H559
HTishall I cry?"H7121
HCHNcmscthe beauty of itH2617
HNcmscHSp3msisas the flowerH6731
HRHNcmscof the field.H7704
HNcbscof the LORDH3068
HNcmsaO you that bring good tidingsH1319
HRdHNcmsaO you who tell good tidingsH1319
HVqv2fsto the citiesH5892
HVqi3mswith a strongH2389
HRHAamsahand, and His armH2220
HRHSp3msand His workH6468
He shall feedH7462
HNcmscHSp3mslike a shepherd;H7462
HVqi3msHe shall gatherH6908
HNcmpawith His arm,H2220
HVqi3msthemin His bosom,H2436
HCHRHNcmscHSp3msandshall gently leadH5095
HVpi3msthose with young.H5763
HNcmpain the hollow of his hand,H8168
HRHNcmscHSp3msand meted outH8505
HCHNcmpawith a span?H2239
HRdHNcfsaAnd who has comprehendedH3557
HNcmscof the earthH776
HTdHNcbsain a measure,H7991
HRdHNcmsaand the hillsH1389
HCHNcfpain a balance?H3976
HTidid He take counsel,H3289
HVNp3msand who instructed HimH995
HCHVhw3msHSp3msand taught HimH3925
HCHVpw3msHSp3msin the pathH734
HNcmsaand taught HimH3925
HNcfsaand made knownH3045
HNcmpaarelike a dropH4752
HRHNcmsain a bucket,H1805
HRHNcmsaand are countedH2803
HVNp3cpas the small dustH7834
HCHRHNcmscof the scales;H3976
HTmHe takes upH5190
HNcmpaas a very little thing.H1851
HVqp3msa graven image,H6459
HTdHNcmsaand the goldsmithH6884
HVpi3msHSp3msover with gold,H2091
He who is too poorH5533
HTdHVPsmsafor that offeringH8641
HNcmsathat will notH3808
HVpi3msfor a skillfulH2450
HRHVhca graven imageH6459
HNcmsathat will notH3808
Have you notH3808
HVqi2mpHave you notH3808
HVqi2mpHas it notH3808
HRHSp2mpfrom the beginning?H7218
HRHNcmsaHave you notH3808
HNcbpcof the earth?H776
It isHe Who sitsH3427
HNcmscof the earth,H776
HTdHNcbsaand its peopleH3427
HCHVqrmpcHSp3fsare like grasshoppers;H2284
HRHNcmpaIt isHe Who stretches outH5186
HNcmpalike a curtain,H1852
HRdHNcmsaand spreads them outH4969
HCHVqw3msHSp3mplike a tentH168
HRdHNcmsato dwell in;H3427
HTaare they planted,H5193
HTaare they sown,H2232
HVmp3msin the ground,H776
HCHTaHe shall blowH5398
HRHSp3mpand they shall wither,H3001
HCHVqw3mpand the whirlwindH5591
HCHNcfsashall take them awayH5375
HPdxcpthings, Who brings outH3318
HRHNcmsaby the greatnessH7230
HRHNcbscof His might,H3581
HNcmsafor He is strongH533
HRHTido you say,H559
HNpand O IsraelH3478
HVNp3fsfrom the LORDH3068
HRHNpand my causeH4941
HVqi3msby my God?"H430
Have you notH3808
HCHave you notH3808
HVqp2msthat the everlastingH5769
HVqrmsaof the endsH7098
HNcbpcof the earth,H776
HVqi3msAnd His understandingH8394
HTnone can fathom.H2714
But those who waitH6960
HCHVqrmpcupon the LORDH3068
HNcmsathey shall mount upH5927
HRdHNcmpathey shall run,H7323
HVqi3mpthey shall walkH3212
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved