1. Bel bows down, Nebo stoops; their idols were upon the beasts and upon the cattle; the things you carried about have become a load, a burden for the weary.
2. They stoop, they bow down together; they could not deliver the burden, but they themselves have gone into captivity.
3. “Hearken to Me, O house of Jacob, and all the remnant of the house of Israel, who are borne by Me from the belly, who are lifted from the womb;
4. Even to your old age I am He; and to gray hairs I will carry you. I have made you, and I will bear you up; even I will carry you, and will deliver you.
5. To whom will you liken Me, and make Me equal, and compare Me, that we may be alike?
6. They pour gold out of the bag, and weigh silver with the balance, and hire a goldsmith; and he makes it a god; they fall down, yea, they bow down to it.
7. They carry it upon the shoulder, they carry it and set it in its place, and it stands; it shall not move itself from its place. Yea, one shall cry unto it, yet it cannot answer, nor save him out of his trouble.
8. Remember this, and show yourselves men: bring it again to mind, O you transgressors.
9. Remember the former things of old; for I am God, and there is none else, I am God, and there is none like Me,
11. Calling a bird of prey from the east, the man of my counsel from a far country. Yea, I have spoken, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.
12. Hearken to Me, you stubborn-hearted who are far from righteousness;
13. I bring near My righteousness. It shall not be far off, and My salvation shall not be delayed; and I will place salvation in Zion, for Israel My glory.”
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved