1. Thus says the LORD, “Where is your mother’s bill of divorce, with which I have put her away? Or to which of My creditors have I sold you? Behold, you yourselves were sold for your iniquities, and your mother is put away for your transgressions.
2. Therefore, when I came, why was no one there? When I called no one answered. Is My hand shortened at all so that it cannot redeem? Or have I no power to deliver? Behold, at My rebuke I dry up the sea, I make the rivers a wilderness; their fish stink because there is no water, and die for thirst.
3. I clothe the heavens with blackness, and I make sackcloth their covering.”
5. The Lord GOD has opened My ear, and I was not rebellious, nor turned away backwards.
6. I gave My back to the smiters, and My cheeks to them that plucked off the hair; I did not hide My face from shame and spitting,
7. For the Lord GOD will help Me; therefore I have not been disgraced. On account of this I have set My face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed.
8. He is near who justifies Me; who will contend with Me? Let us stand together; who is My adversary? Let him come near Me.
9. Behold, the Lord GOD will help Me; who is he who shall condemn Me? Lo, they all shall grow old like a garment; the moth shall eat them.
10. Who among you fears the LORD, who obeys the voice of His servant, who walks in darkness and has no light? Let him trust in the name of the LORD and rely upon his God.
11. Behold, all you who kindle a fire, who gird yourselves with firebrands; walk in the light of your fire, and in the sparks which you have kindled. This you shall have of My hand—you shall lie down in sorrow.”
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved