1. “Hearken to Me, you who follow after righteousness, you who seek the LORD: Look to the Rock from which you were cut, and to the hole of the pit from which you were dug.
2. Look to Abraham your father, and to Sarah who bore you; for I called him alone, and blessed him, and made him many.”
3. For the LORD shall comfort Zion; He will comfort all her waste places; and He will make her wilderness like Eden, and her desert like the garden of the LORD. Joy and gladness shall be found in it, thanksgiving and the voice of melody.
4. “Hearken to Me, My people; and give ear to Me, O My nation; for instruction shall proceed from Me, and I will make My justice as a light to the people.
5. My righteousness is near; My salvation has gone out, and My arms shall judge the people; the isles shall wait upon Me, and on My arm they shall trust.
6. Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath; for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall become old like a garment; and its inhabitants shall die in the same way. But My salvation shall be forever, and My righteousness shall not be abolished.
7. Hearken to Me, you who know righteousness, the people in whose heart is My law; do not fear the reproach of men, nor be afraid of their revilings;
8. For the moth shall eat them up like a garment, and the worm shall eat them like wool; but My righteousness shall be forever, and My salvation from generation to generation.”
9. Awake! Awake! Put on strength, O arm of the LORD. Awake, as in the ancient days, in the generations of old. Was it not You Who cut Rahab into pieces, piercing the serpent?
10. Was it not You Who dried up the sea, the waters of the great deep; Who made the depths of the sea a way for the redeemed to pass over?
11. Therefore the redeemed of the LORD shall return and come with singing into Zion; and everlasting joy shall be upon their head. Gladness and joy shall overtake them; sorrow and mourning shall flee away.
12. “I, even I, am He Who comforts you. Who are you, that you should be afraid of a man that shall die, or of the son of man who is made as grass?
13. And you forget the LORD your Maker, Who has stretched out the heavens and laid the foundations of the earth. And you dread continually, every day because of the fury of the oppressor, as if he were ready to destroy. And where is the fury of the oppressor?
14. The captive exile will soon be set free, he will not die in the dungeon nor will he lack his bread.
15. But I am the LORD your God, Who divided the sea, so that its waves roared (the LORD of hosts is His name).
16. And I have put My words in your mouth, and I have covered you in the shadow of My hand, that I may plant the heavens and lay the foundations of the earth, and say to Zion, ‘You are My people.’ ”
17. Awake! Awake! Rise up, O Jerusalem, who drank the cup of His fury from the hand of the LORD; you have drunk of the cup of trembling to the dregs, and wrung them out.
18. There is no guide for her among allthe sons she has borne; and none takes her by the hand of all the sons that she has brought up.
19. These two things have come to you, who shall be sorry for you? Desolation, and destruction, and the famine, and the sword. By whom shall I comfort you?
20. Your sons have fainted, they lie at the head of all the streets like a wild antelope in a net, filled with the fury of the LORD, the rebuke of your God.
21.Therefore now hear this, afflicted ne, and drunken, but not with wine.
22. Thus says your Lord, the LORD, and your God Who defends His people, “Behold, I have taken the cup of trembling from your hand, even the dregs of the cup of My fury; you shall never drink of it again.
23. But I will put it into the hand of those who afflict you, who have said to your soul, ‘Bow down so that we may walk over you;’ and you laid your back like the ground, even like the street to those who walk over.”
HRHSp1csyou who follow afterH7291
HNcmsayou who seekH1245
HNcmsafrom whichyou were cut,H2672
HNcfscof the pitH953
HNcmsafrom whichyou were dug.H5365
HCI called himH7121
HAcmsaand blessed him,H1288
HCHVpi1csHSp3msand made him many."H7235
HNpHe will comfortH5162
HNcmscher waste places;H2723
HNcfpcHSp3fsand He will makeH7760
HRHNpand her desertH6160
HCHNcfscHSp3fslike the gardenH1588
HRHNcbscof the LORD.H3068
HCHNcfsashall be foundH4672
HNcfsaand the voiceH6963
HNcmscHSp1csand give earH238
HRHSp1csO My nation;H3816
HRHRHSp1csand I will make My justiceH4941
HVhi1csas a lightH216
HRHNcbscto the people.H5971
HNcmscHSp1cshas gone out,H3318
HVqp3msand My armsH2220
HNcbscHSp1csthey shall trust.H3176
HNcbdcHSp2mpto the heavens,H8064
HVNp3cpaway like smoke,H6227
HRdHNcmsaand the earthH776
HCHTdHNcbsashall become oldH1086
HVqi3fslike a garment;H899
HRdHNcmsaand its inhabitantsH3427
HVqi3mpHSnin the same way.H3644
HDBut My salvationH3444
HRHNcmsaand My righteousnessH6666
HRHSp1csyou who knowH3045
HNcmsain whose heartH3820
HVNj2mpof their revilings;H1421
HNcmsashall eat themH398
HVqi3msHSp3mpup like a garment,H899
HRdHNcmsaand the wormH5580
HNcmsashall eat themH398
HCHRdHNcmsabut My righteousnessH6666
HRHNcmsaand My salvationH3444
HNcbscof the LORD.H3068
HVqv2fsas in the ancientH6924
HRHNcmpcin the generationsH1755
HNcmpcof the greatH7227
HNcmpcof the seaH3220
HNcbsafor the redeemedH1350
HVqsmpato pass over?H5674
Therefore the redeemedH6299
HCHVqsmpcof the LORDH3068
HCHNcfsashall flee away.H5127
HPp3msWho comforts you.H5162
HPp2fsthat you should be afraidH3372
HCHVqw2fsof a manH120
HNcmsathat shall die,H4191
HVqi3msor of the sonH1121
HRHNcmsawho is madeH5414
And you forgetH7911
HVqrmscHSp2msWho has stretched outH5186
HNcmpaand laid the foundationsH3245
HCHVqrmsaof the earth.H776
HNcbsaAnd you dreadH6342
HNcfscof the oppressor,H6693
HRHTrhe were readyH3559
HNcfscof the oppressor?H6693
HVqrmsaexile will soonH4116
HVpp3msbe set free,H6605
HRHVNche will notH3808
HVqi3msin the dungeonH7845
HTdHNcmsaso that its wavesH1530
And I have putH7760
HNcmpcHSp1csin your mouth,H6310
HRHNcmscHSp2msand I have covered youH3680
HVpp1csHSp2msin the shadowH6738
HCHRHNcmscof My hand,H3027
HNcbscHSp1csthat I may plantH5193
HNcmpaand lay the foundationsH3245
HCHRHVqcof the earth,H776
HNcfscof His furyH2534
HNcfscHSp3msfrom the handH3027
HRHNcbscof the LORD;H3068
HNpyou have drunkH8354
HToof the cupH3563
HTdHNcfsato the dregs,H6907
HNcfscand wrung themout.H4680
There is noH369
HNcmpashe has borne;H3205
HVhrmsaher by the handH3027
HNcmpathatshe has brought up.H1431
HAcfdathingshave come to you,H7122
HTishall be sorryH5110
HCHTdHNcmsaand the famine,H7458
HCHTdHNcmsaand the sword.H2719
HTishall I comfort you?H5162
HVqp3cpat the headH7218
HNcmpalike a wild antelopeH8377
HTdHAampawith the furyH2534
HNcfscof the LORD,H3068
HNcfscof your God.H430
HNpand your GodH430
HTmI have takenH3947
HTdHNcfsafrom your hand,H3027
HToeven the dregsH6907
HNcfscof the cupH3563
HNcfscof My fury;H2534
HNcfscHSp1csyou shall neverH3808
HTndrink of itH8354
But I will put itH7760
HCHVqq1csHSp3fsinto the handH3027
HRHNcbscof those whoH834
HVhrmpcHSp2fswho have saidH559
HVqp3cpto your soul,H5315
HVqv2fsso that we may walk over you;'H5674
HCHVqh1cpand you laidH7760
HNcmscHSp2fslike the ground,H776
HRdHNcbsaeven like the streetH2351
HCHRdHNcmsato those who walk over."H5674
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved