1. “Sing, O barren, you that never bore; break out into singing and shout, you who never travailed, for more are the children of the desolate than the children of the married woman,” says the LORD.
2. “Make the place of your tent larger, and let them stretch out the curtains of your dwellings. Do not spare, lengthen your cords and strengthen your stakes;
3. For you shall break out on the right hand and on the left. And your seed shall inherit the Gentiles, and make the desolate cities to be inhabited.
4. Do not fear; for you shall not be ashamed, nor shall you be disgraced; for you shall not be humiliated; for you shall forget the shame of your youth, and shall not remember the reproach of your widowhood any more,
6. For the LORD has called you as a woman forsaken and grieved in spirit, and a wife of youth, when you were rejected,” says your God.
7. “For a little moment I forsook you; but with great compassions I will gather you.
8. In a little wrath I hid My face from you for a moment; but with everlasting kindness I will have compassion on you,” says the LORD your Redeemer,
9. “For this is as the waters of Noah to Me; for as I swore that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth, so I have sworn from being angry with you and from rebuking you;
10. For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but My kindness shall not depart from you, nor shall the covenant of My peace be removed,” says the LORD Who has mercy on you.
11. “O afflicted one, storm-tossed and not comforted, behold, I will lay your stones among colorful gems, and lay your foundations with sapphires.
12. And I will make your high towers of ruby, and your gates of carbuncles, and all your borders of pleasant stones.
13. And all your children shall be taught of the LORD; and great shall be the peace of your children.
14. In righteousness you shall be established; you shall be far from oppression; for you shall not fear; and far from terror, for it shall not come near you.
15. Behold, they may gather together against you, but not by Me; whoever shall gather against you, he shall fall for your sake.
16. Behold, I have created the smith who blows the coals in the fire, and who brings out a weapon for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy.
17. No weapon that is formed against you shall prevail; and every tongue that shall rise against you in judgment, you shall condemn. This is the inheritance of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is from Me,” says the LORD.
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved