1. The righteous perish, and no one lays it to heart, and merciful men are taken away; none considering that the righteous are taken away from the evil to come.
2. He shall enter into peace; they shall rest in their beds, each one who walked in his uprightness.
3. “But draw near here, you sons of the sorceress, you seed of the adulterer and the harlot.
4. Against whom are you making sport? Against whom do you make a wide mouth and draw out the tongue? Are you not children of transgression, a lying seed,
5. Being inflamed with idols under every green tree, killing the little children in the valleys under the clefts of the rocks?
6. Among the smooth stones of the stream is your portion; they, even they, are your lot; even to them you have poured a drink offering, you have offered a grain offering. Should I relent over these?
7. Upon a lofty and high mountain you have set your bed; even there you went up to offer sacrifice.
8. Also behind the doors and the posts you have set up your images; far from Me have you uncovered and ascended and enlarged your bed. You made a covenant with them; you loved their bed; you saw their hand beckoning you.
9. And you went to the king with ointment, and increased your perfumes, and sent your messengers far off, and lowered yourself even to the grave.
10. You are wearied with the greatness of your way. Did you not say, ‘There is no hope’? You have found strength; therefore you were not faint.
11. And of whom have you been afraid or feared, that you have lied and have not remembered Me, nor laid it to your heart? Have I not been silent, even of old, and yet you did not fear Me?
12. I will declare your kind of righteousness, and your works; for they shall not do you any good.
13. When you cry, let them that you have gathered deliver you; but the wind shall carry them all away. The wind will carry them off, a breath will blow them away; but he who puts his trust in Me shall possess the land, and shall inherit My holy mountain.”
14. And He shall say, “Cast up! Cast up! Prepare the way! Take the stumbling block out of the way of My people.”
15. For thus says the high and lofty One Who inhabits eternity; Whose name is Holy; “I dwell in the high and holy place, even with the one who is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones,
16. For I will not contend forever, nor will I always be angry; for the spirit of man would then fail before Me, and the souls which I have made.
17. For the iniquity of his covetousness I was angry and struck him; I hid Myself, and was angry, and he went on backsliding away from Me in the way of his own heart.
18. I have seen his ways, and will heal him. I will also lead him, and restore comfort to him and to his mourners.
19. I create the fruit of the lips; peace, peace, to him who is afar off, and to him who is near,” says the LORD, “and I will heal him.”
20. But the wicked are like the troubled sea, which cannot rest, and its waters cast up mire and dirt.
21. “There is no peace,” says my God, “for the wicked.”
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved