1. “I revealed Myself to those who asked not for Me; I am found by those who did not seek Me. I said, ‘Behold Me, behold Me,’ to a nation not called by My name.
2. I have spread out My hands all the day to a rebellious people who walk in the way that is not good, even after their own thoughts;
3. A people who without ceasing provoke Me to My face; who sacrifice in gardens, and burn incense upon the bricks;
4. A people who sit among the graves, and spend the night in the tombs, who eat swine’s flesh, and broth of vile things in their vessels;
5. Who say, ‘Keep to yourself, do not come near me; for I am holier than you.’ These are a smoke in My nostrils, a fire that burns all the day.
6. Behold, it is written before Me; I will not be silent, except I will repay; yea, I will repay into their bosom
7. Your iniquities, and the iniquities of your fathers together,” says the LORD,”they that burned incense upon the mountains, and blasphemed Me upon the hills. And I will measure their former work into their bosom.”
8. Thus says the LORD, “As the new wine is found in the cluster, and one says, ‘Do not destroy it, for a blessing is in it,’ so I will do for My servants, that I may not destroy them all.
9. And I will bring forth a seed out of Jacob, and out of Judah one who inherits My mountains; and My elect will inherit it, and My servants will dwell there.
10. And Sharon will be a fold of flocks, and the Valley of Achor a resting place of herds for My people who have sought Me.
11. But you who forsake the LORD, who forget My holy mountain, who prepare a table for Fortune, and who furnish the drink offering to Fate,
12. Therefore I will destine you to the sword; and you will all bow down to the slaughter; because I called and you did not answer; when I spoke, you did not hear but did evil before My eyes, and chose that in which I did not delight.”
13. Thus the Lord GOD says, “Behold, My servants will eat, but you will be hungry. Behold, My servants will drink, but you will be thirsty. Behold, My servants will rejoice, but you will be ashamed.
14. Behold, My servants will sing for joy of heart, but you will cry for sorrow of heart, and will howl for vexation of spirit.
15. And you will leave your name for a curse to My elect; for the Lord GOD will slay you, and call His servants by another name.
16. He who blesses himself in the earth shall bless himself by the God of truth. And he who swears in the earth will swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten, and because they are hidden from My eyes,
17. For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth. And the former things will not be remembered, nor come to mind.
18. But be glad and rejoice forever in that which I create; for behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.
19. I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and I will joy in My people; and the voice of weeping will no more be heard in her, nor the voice of crying.
20. There will not be an infant who lives but a few days, nor an old man that has not filled his days, for the child will die a hundred years old; but the sinner who is a hundred years old shall be accursed.
21. And they will build houses and live in them; and they will plant vineyards and eat their fruit.
22. They will not build, and another live in them; they will not plant, and another eat; for like the days of a tree are so will be the days of My people, and My elect will long enjoy the work of their hands.
23. They will not labor in vain, nor bring forth children for calamity. For they are the seed of the beloved of the LORD, and their offspring with them.
24. And it shall come to pass, before they call, I will answer; and while they are still speaking, I will hear.
25. The wolf and the lamb will feed together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox; and dust will be the food of the serpent. They will not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain,” says the LORD.
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved