1. Oh that You would rend the heavens and come down, that mountains might quake at Your presence,
2. As when the melting fire burns, the fire causes water to boil, to make Your name known to Your adversaries, that the nations may tremble at Your presence!
3. When You did awesome things which we did not look for, You came down, the mountains quaked at Your presence.
4. And from ancient times men have not heard, nor did they perceive, neither has the eye seen, a God besides you Who acts on behalf of those who wait for Him.
5. You meet him who rejoices and works righteousness, those who remembered You in Your ways. Behold, You were angry, for we sinned. We have continued in our sins a long time. How can we be saved?
6. But we are all as the unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags. And we all fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.
7. And there is no one who calls upon Your name, who stirs up himself to take hold of You, for You have hidden Your face from us, and have consumed us away because of our iniquities.
8. But now, O LORD, You are our Father; we are the clay, and You are our potter; and we all are the work of Your hand.
9. Do not be grievously angry, O LORD, nor remember iniquity forever. Behold! Look, we beseech you, all of us are Your people.
10. Your holy cities are a wilderness; Zion is a wilderness, Jerusalem is a desolation.
11. The house of our holiness and our beauty, where our fathers praised You, is burned up with fire; and all our pleasant things are laid waste.
12. Will You restrain Yourself over these things, O LORD? Will You be silent and sorely afflict us?
As when the meltingH2003
HVqi3fsto make Your nameH8034
HRHVhcto Your adversaries,H6862
HVqi3mpat Your presence!H6440
When You didH6213
HVNrfpawhichwe did notH3808
HVpi1cpYou came down,H3381
HVNp3cpat Your presence.H6440
And from ancient timesH5769
HCHRHNcmsamen have notH3808
HTndid they perceive,H238
HTnhas the eyeH5869
HVqi3mson behalf of those who waitH2442
HTohim who rejoicesH7797
HNcmsathose whoremembered YouH2142
HVqi3mpHSp2msin Your ways.H1870
HVqp2msfor we sinned.H2398
HRHSp3mpWe have continued in our sins a long time.H5769
HNcmsaHow can we be saved?H3467
But we areH1961
HNcmscHSp1cpas the uncleanH2931
HRdHAamsathing, and allH3605
HCHRHNcmscAnd we allH3605
HCHVqw1cpas a leaf;H5929
HRdHNcmsaand our iniquities,H5771
HCHNcbscHSp1cplike the wind,H7307
HRdHNcbsahave taken us away.H5375
And there is no oneH369
HVqrmsaupon Your name,H8034
HRHNcmscHSp2mswho stirs upH5782
HVrrmsahimself to take holdH2388
HCYou have hiddenH5641
HRHSp1cpand have consumed usH4127
HCHVqw2msHSp1cpaway because ofH3027
HVqrmscHSp1cpand we allH3605
HCHNcmscof Your hand.H3027
HTeyou, all of usH3605
HNcmscof our holinessH6944
HNcmscHSp1cpand our beauty,H8597
HCHNcmscour pleasant thingsH4261
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved