1. Who is this that comes from Edom, in crimsoned garments from Bozrah, this One robed in glorious splendor, striving forward in the greatness of His strength? “I who speak in righteousness, mighty to save.”
2. Why is Your clothing red, and Your garments like one who treads in the winepress?
3. “I have trodden the winepress alone; and of the people there was no man with Me; for I will tread them in My anger and trample them in My fury; and their blood will be sprinkled upon My garments, and I stained all My clothing;
4. For the day of vengeance is in My heart, and the year of My redemption has come.
5. And I looked, and there was none to help; and I was astonished that there was no one to uphold; therefore My own arm brought salvation for Me; and My fury upheld Me.
6. And I will tread down the people in My anger, and make them drunk in My fury, and I will pour their lifeblood down to the earth.”
7. I will mention the lovingkindnesses of the LORD, the praises of the LORD, according to all that the LORD has bestowed on us, and the great good to the house of Israel by which He bestowed on them according to His mercies, and according to the multitude of His lovingkindnesses,
8. For He said, “Surely they are My people, children that will not lie.” So He was their Savior.
9. In all their affliction He was afflicted, and the angel of His Presence saved them; in His love and in His compassion He redeemed them; and He bore them, and carried them all the days of old.
10. But they rebelled, and troubled His Holy Spirit; therefore He was turned to be their enemy, and He fought against them.
11. Then He remembered the days of old, Moses and His people, saying, “Where is He Who brought them up out of the sea with the shepherd of His flock? Where is He Who set His Holy Spirit among them;
12. Who led them by the right hand of Moses with His glorious arm, dividing the water before them, to make Himself an everlasting name;
13. Who led them through the deep, like a horse in the wilderness, so that they would not stumble?”
14. As a beast goes down into the valley, the Spirit of the LORD caused them to rest. So You led Your people, to make Yourself a glorious name.
15. Look down from heaven, and look down from the place of Your holiness and of Your glory. Where is Your zeal and Your strength, the multitude of Your tender affections and of Your mercies toward me? Are they withheld?
16. For You are our Father, though Abraham does not know us, and Israel does not acknowledge us. You, O LORD, are our Father, our Redeemer; Your name is from everlasting.
17. O LORD, why have You made us wander from Your ways, and hardened our heart from fearing You? For Your servants’ sake, return the tribes of Your inheritance.
18. Your holy people have possessed it but a little while; our enemies have trampled Your sanctuary.
19. We have become as those over whom You never ruled, as those who were not called by Your name.
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved