3. And I went to the prophetess. And she conceived and bore a son. Then the LORD said to me, “Call his name Mahershalal- Hash-Baz, that is, make haste to plunder
4. For before the child shall have knowledge to cry, ‘My father’ and ‘My mother,’ the riches of Damascus and the spoil of Samaria shall be taken away before the king of Assyria.”
5. The LORD spoke to me again saying,
6. “Because this people has refused the waters of Shiloah that go softly, and rejoice in Rezin and Remaliah’s son;
7. Now therefore, behold, the LORD brings upon them the waters of the River, strong and many, even the king of Assyria, and all his glory. And he shall come up over all his channels and go over all his banks.
8. And he shall sweep through Judah, overflowing as he passes through; he shall reach even to the neck. And the stretching out of his wings shall fill the breadth of your land, O Immanuel.
9. Make an uproar, O people, and be shattered in pieces! And give ear, all of you from the far countries of the earth. Gird yourselves and be broken. Gird yourselves and be broken!
10. Take counsel together, and it shall be frustrated. Speak a word, and it shall not stand; for God is with us.”
11. For thus the LORD spoke to me with a strong hand, and warned me against walking in the way of this people, saying,
12. “Do not say, ‘A conspiracy!’ to everything of which this people says, ‘A conspiracy!’ And do not fear their fear, nor be afraid.
13. The LORD of hosts, Him shall you sanctify, and let Him be your fear, and let Him be your dread.
14. And He shall be a sanctuary for you—but for a stone of stumbling, and for a rock of offence to both the houses of Israel, and for a trap and for a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem.
15. And many among them shall stumble and fall and be broken, and be snared, and be taken.
17. And I will wait upon the LORD, Who hides His face from the house of Jacob; and I will trust in Him.
19. And when they shall say to you, “Seek unto them that have familiar spirits and to wizards who peep and mutter”— but should not a people seek unto their God? Should the dead be sought on behalf of the living?
21. And they shall pass through the land, hard pressed and hungry; and it shall come to pass, that when they shall be hungry, they shall rave and curse their king and their God, and look upward.
22. And they shall look to the land; and behold, trouble and darkness and gloom of anguish! And they shall be driven away into darkness.
And the LORDH3068
HRHSp3msin ordinary letters with a man'sH582
HRHNcmsc'Make haste to plunder! Hasten to the prey!'H4122
And I will takeH5749
HToto record, UriahH223
And I wentH7126
HTdHNcfsaAnd she conceivedH2029
HNcmsaThen the LORDH3068
HTdHNcmsashall have knowledgeH3045
HNcmscHSp1csand 'My mother,'H517
HNpshall be taken awayH5375
HNcmpcof the River,H5104
HToeven the kingH4428
HNcbscHSp3msAnd he shall come upH5927
And he shall sweep throughH2498
HVqp3msas he passes through;H5674
HCHVqq3mshe shall reachH5060
HCHVqq3msthe stretching outH4298
HNcfpcof his wingsH3671
HNcmscof your land,H776
Make an uproar,H7489
HNcmpaand be shattered in pieces!H2865
HCHVqv2mpAnd give ear,H238
HNcmscof you from the far countriesH4801
HNcmpcof the earth.H776
HVtv2mpyourselves and be broken.H2865
HVtv2mpyourselves and be broken!H2865
HNcfsatogether, and it shall be frustrated.H6565
HNcmsaand it shall notH3808
HRHSp1cswith a strongH2393
HTdHNcbsaand warned meH3256
HRHVqcin the wayH1870
And He shall beH1961
HRHNcmsafor you— but for a stoneH68
HNcmsaand for a rockH6697
HNpand for a trapH6341
HRHNcmsaand for a snareH4170
HCHRHNcmsato the inhabitantsH3427
HPp1csand the childrenH3206
HRHNcbpaand for wondersH4159
HCHCthey shall sayH559
HRthem that have familiar spiritsH178
HTdHVqrmpabe soughton behalfH1157
HRof the living?H2416
To the lawH8451
HRHNcfsaand to the testimony!H8584
HCthey do notH3808
HVqi3mpaccording to thisH2088
And they shall pass throughH5674
HCHAamsaand it shall come to pass,H1961
HCthey shall be hungry,H7456
HVqi3msthey shall raveH7107
HRHNcmscHSp3msand their God,H430
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved