1. And it came to pass in the days of Ahaz the son of Jotham, the son of Uzziah, king of Judah, Rezin the king of Syria, and Pekah the son of Remaliah, king of Israel, went up toward Jerusalem to war against it, but could not overcome it.
2. And it was told to the house of David, saying, “Syria is allied with Ephraim.” And his heart was moved, and the heart of his people, as the trees of the woods are moved by the wind.
4. And say to him, ‘Be careful and keep calm. Do not fear, nor be timid of heart because of the two tails of these smoking firebrands or because of the fierce anger of Rezin and Syria, and of the son of Remaliah;
5. Because Syria, Ephraim, and the son of Remaliah have plotted against you, saying,
6. “Let us go up against Judah and trouble it, and break her for ourselves, and set a king in the midst of it, even the son of Tabel.”
7. Thus says the Lord GOD, “It shall not stand, nor shall it come to pass,
8. For the head of Syria is Damascus, and the head of Damascus is Rezin; and within sixty-five years Ephraim shall be broken so that it shall not be a people.
9. And the head of Ephraim is Samaria, and the head of Samaria is Remaliah’s son. If you will not believe, surely you shall not be established.” ’ ”
10. And the LORD spoke again to Ahaz, saying,
11. “Ask a sign of the LORD your God; ask it either in the depth, or in the height above.”
12. But Ahaz said, “I will not ask, nor will I tempt the LORD.”
13. And he said, “Hear now, O house of David; is it a small thing for you to weary men, but will you weary my God also?
14. Therefore, the LORD Himself shall give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bring forth a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel.
15. Butter and honey He shall eat until He knows to refuse the evil and choose the good,
16. For before the Child shall know to refuse the evil and choose the good, the land whose two kings you are afraid of shall be forsaken.
17. The LORD shall bring upon you, and upon your people, and upon your father’s house, days that have not come since the days that Ephraim departed from Judah—even the king of Assyria.”
18. And it shall be, in that day the LORD shall whistle for the fly at the end of the rivers of Egypt, and for the bee that is in the land of Assyria.
19. And they shall come and all of them shall rest in the steep ravines, and in the crevices of the rocks, and upon all thorns, and upon all the bushes.
20. In that day the LORD shall shave with a razor—by those who are hired, namely, by them beyond the River, by the king of Assyria—the head, and the hair of the feet; and it shall also sweep away the beard.
21. And it shall come to pass, in that day a man shall keep alive a young cow and two sheep;
22. And it shall come to pass, from the plentiful supply of milk they shall give, he shall eat butter; for butter and honey shall everyone eat who is left in the land.
23. And it shall come to pass, in that day every place where there used to be a thousand vines, worth a thousand pieces of silver, it shall even be for briers and thorns.
24. With arrows and with the bow men shall come there because all the land shall become briers and thorns.
25. And all hills which were hoed with the hoe, you shall not come there for fear of briers and thorns; but it shall be for the sending out of the ox, and for the trampling of sheep.
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved