1. In the year that King Uzziah died, I then saw the LORD sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and His train filled the temple.
2. Above it stood the seraphim; each one had six wings; with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew.
3. And one cried to another, and said, “Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts; the whole earth is full of His glory.”
4. And the foundations of the threshold shook at the voice of the one who cried, and the house was filled with smoke.
5. Then I said, “Woe is me! For I am undone; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.”
6. Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar.
7. And he laid it upon my mouth and said, “Lo, this has touched your lips; and your iniquity is taken away, and your sin atoned for.”
9. And He said, “Go, and tell this people, ‘You hear indeed, but do not understand; and you see indeed, but do not perceive.’
10. Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their hearts, and return, and be healed.”
11. Then I said, “LORD, how long?” And He answered, “Until the cities are wasted without inhabitant, and the houses without a man, and the land is ruined—an utter desolation.
12. And until the LORD has removed men far away, and the desolation in the midst of the land is great.
13. But yet in it shall be a tenth, and it shall return and be consumed like the terebinth and like the oak being felled, yet its stump remains; so the holy seed shall be its stump.”
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved