1. Now I will sing to my Beloved a song of my Beloved concerning His vineyard. My Beloved has a vineyard in a very fruitful hill.
2. And He dug it up, and cleared it of stones, and planted it with choice vines, and built a tower in its midst, and hewed out a wine vat in it; and He looked for it to produce grapes. But it produced worthless fruits.
3. “And now, O people of Jerusalem, and men of Judah, I ask you to judge between Me and My vineyard.
4. What more could have been done to My vineyard that I have not done in it? Who knows? I looked for it to yield grapes, but it yielded wild grapes.
5. And now I will tell you what I will do to My vineyard; I will take away its hedge, and it shall be consumed; and break down its wall, and it shall be trampled down;
6. And I will lay it waste; it shall not be pruned nor dug; but briers and thorns shall come up. And I will also command the clouds that they rain no rain upon it.”
7. For the vineyard of the LORD of hosts is the house of Israel, and the men of Judah His pleasant plant; and He looked for justice, but behold, bloodshed; for righteousness, but behold, a cry of distress!
8. Woe to those who join house to house, that lay field to field, until there is no place left, and you are made to dwell alone in the midst of the land!
9. The LORD of hosts swore in my ears, “Truly, many houses shall be deserted, even great and fair, without inhabitant.
10. Yea, ten acres of vineyard shall yield one bath, and the seed of a homer shall yield an ephah.”
11. Woe to those who rise up early in the morning to go after strong drink; who continue late into the night while wine inflames them!
12. And the lyre, and the harp, the drum, and pipe, and wine, are at their feasts; but they do not regard the work of the LORD. Yea, they do not see the work of His hands.
13. Therefore My people are gone into exile because they have no knowledge, and their honorable men are famished, and their multitude is dried up with thirst.
14. Therefore the grave has enlarged its appetite, and opened its mouth without limit; and down goes her glory and multitude and brawlers, and he who rejoices in her, shall go down into it.
15. And man is bowed down, and men are brought low, and the eyes of the lofty are humbled.
16. But the LORD of hosts is exalted in judgment, and God, the Holy One, is sanctified in righteousness.
17. Then shall the lambs feed in their own pasture, and the waste places of the fat ones shall strangers eat.
18. Woe to those who draw iniquity with cords of vanity, and sin with cart ropes;
19. Who say, “Let Him hurry and hasten His work, so that we may see it; and let the purpose of the Holy One of Israel draw near and come, so that we may know!”
22. Woe unto them that are mighty to drink wine, and men of strength to mingle strong drink:
24. Therefore as the fire devours the stubble, and the flame burns up the chaff; their root shall be like rottenness, and their blossoms shall go up like dust because they have cast away the law of the LORD of hosts, and despised the Word of the Holy One of Israel.
25. Therefore, the anger of the LORD is kindled against His people, and He has stretched out His hand against them, and has stricken them; and the hills trembled, and their dead bodies were as filth in the midst of the streets. In all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.
26. And He will lift up a banner to distant nations, and will whistle for them from the ends of the earth; and behold, they shall come with swift speed.
27. None shall be weary nor stumble among them; none shall slumber nor sleep; neither shall the waistcoat of their loins be loosened, nor the thong of their sandals be broken;
28. Whose arrows are sharp, and all their bows bent; their horses’ hoofs seem like flint, and their wheels like a whirlwind.
29. Their roaring shall be like a lion; they shall roar like young lions; for, they shall roar and lay hold of the prey, and carry it away, and none shall deliver it.
30. And in that day they shall roar against them like the roaring of the sea; and if one looks to the land, behold darkness! Distress! And the light shall be darkened by its clouds.
Now I will singH7891
HTjto my BelovedH3039
HNcbscof my BelovedH1730
HNcmscHSp1csconcerning His vineyard.H3754
HNcbsain a very fruitfulH1121
And He dug it up,H5823
HCHVpw3msHSp3msand cleared it of stones,H5619
HCHVpw3msHSp3msand planted itH5193
HNcbsain its midst,H8432
HVqp3msa wine vatH3342
HRHSp3msand He lookedH6960
HCHVpw3msfor itto produceH6213
HNcmpaBut it producedH6213
HDcould have been doneH6213
HRHVqcto My vineyardH3754
HRHNcbscHSp1csthat I have notH3808
HVpp1csfor itto yieldH6213
HNcmpabut it yieldedH6213
HVqrmsato My vineyard;H3754
HRHNcbscHSp1csI will take awayH5493
HNcfscHSp3msand it shall beH1961
HRHVpcand break downH6555
HNcmscHSp3msandit shall beH1961
And I will lay itH7896
HNcfsait shall notH3808
HCHNcmsashall come up.H5927
HCHVqq3msAnd I will alsoH5921
HTdHNcbpathat they rainH4305
HNcbscof the LORDH3068
HNpand the menH376
HNcmscand He lookedH6960
HTjtothose who joinH5060
HNcmsaand you are made to dwellH3427
HRHNcmscHSp2mpin the midstH7130
HRHNcmscof the land!H776
HNcbpasworein my ears,H241
HNcbsaand the seedH2233
HCHNcmscof a homerH2563
HTjto those who rise up earlyH7925
HVhrmpcin the morningH1242
HRdHNcmsato go afterH7291
HNcmsawho continue lateH309
HVprmpcinto the nightH5399
HNcmsaand the harp,H5035
HCHNcmsaare at their feasts;H4960
HCHTothey do notH3808
HNcmscof the LORD.H3068
HNpYea, they do notH3808
HCHNcmscof His hands.H3027
HNcmscHSp1csare gone into exileH1540
HVqp3msbecause they have noH1097
HNcfsaand their honorableH3519
HNcmsaand their multitudeH1995
HCHNcmscHSp3msis dried upH6704
HNcmsaand down goesH3381
HCHNcmscHSp3fsand he who rejoicesH5938
HRHSp3fsshall go down into it.
HTdHVqrmpa"Let Him hurryH4116
HRwe may seeH7200
HVqi1cpit; and let the purposeH6098
HNcfscof the Holy OneH6918
HCHVqi3fsHShso that we may know!"H3045
HTjto those who callH559
HRHDas the fireH784
HNcmsaand the flameH3956
HRdHNcmsaand their blossomsH6525
HCHNcmscHSp3mpshall go upH5927
HCthey have cast awayH3988
HNcfscof the LORDH3068
HNcfscof the Holy OneH6918
HTaof the LORDH3068
HVqp3msagainst His people,H5971
HRHNcmscHSp3msand He has stretched outH5186
HRHSp3msand has stricken them;H5221
HCHVhw3msHSp3msand the hillsH2022
HCHVqw3fstheir dead bodiesH5038
HRdHNcfsain the midstH7130
HRHNcmscof the streets.H2351
HVqp3msbut His handH3027
And He will lift upH5375
HRdHNcmpaand will whistleH8319
HRHSp3msfrom the endsH7097
HRHNcbscof the earth;H776
HCHTmthey shall comeH935
HCHTnshall the waistcoatH232
HNcmscof their loinsH2504
HNcmscof their sandalsH5275
HRdHNcmsaand their wheelsH1534
HCHNcmpcHSp3mslike a whirlwind.H5492
HRHSp3msshall belike a lion;H3833
HRdHNcbsathey shall roarH7580
HVqi3mslike young lions;H3715
HRdHNcmpafor, they shall roarH5098
HCHVqi3msand lay holdH270
HCHVqi3msof the prey,H2964
HNcmsaand carry it away,H6403
And in thatH1931
HRdHNcmsathey shall roarH5098
HRHSp3mslike the roaringH5100
HRHNcfscof the sea;H3220
HNcmsaand if one looksH5027
HCHVpq3msto the land,H776
HAamsaAnd the lightH216
HCHNcbsashall be darkenedH2821
HVqp3msby its clouds.H6183
Copyright © 2023 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved