2. Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you are beset by various trials,
3. Knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance.
4. But let endurance have its perfect work, so that you may be perfect and complete, not lacking in anything.
5. However, if anyone lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, Who gives to everyone freely and does not reproach the one who asks; and it shall be given to him.
6. But let him ask in faith, not doubting at all because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven by the wind and tossed to and fro.
7. Do not let that man expect that he will receive anything from the Lord.
8. He is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.
9. But let the brother who is in humble circumstances rejoice in his elevation,
10. And let the one who is rich rejoice in his humble condition because, as the flower of the field, he himself will pass away;
11. For the sun rises with its burning heat and dries up the grass, and its flower falls off, and its beautiful appearance perishes. In the same way also shall the rich man wither in his pursuits.
12. Blessed is the man who endures trials because, after he has been proved, he shall receive a crown of life, which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.
13. Do not let anyone who is tempted say, “I am being tempted by God” because God is not tempted by evil, and He Himself tempts no one with evil.
14. But each one is tempted when he is drawn away and is enticed by his own lust.
15. And after lust has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is completely finished, brings forth death.
16. Do not deceive yourselves, my beloved brethren.
17. Every good act of giving and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with Whom there is no variation, nor shadow of turning.
18. According to His own will, He begat us by the Word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all His created beings.
19. For this reason, my beloved brethren, let every man be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger
20. Because man’s wrath does not work out God’s righteousness.
21. Therefore, having rid yourselves of all filthiness and all the abounding of wickedness around you, then in meekness accept for yourselves the implanted Word, which is able to save your lives.
23. Because if anyone is a hearer of the Word and not a doer, this one is like a man considering his natural face in a mirror
24. Who, after looking at himself, went away and immediately forgot what he was like.
25. But the one who has looked into the perfect law of freedom, and has continued in it, this one himself has not become a forgetful hearer, but is a doer of the work. This one shall be blessed in his actions.
26. If anyone among you considers himself to be religious, and does not control his tongue, but deceives his own heart, this one’s religion is vain.
27. Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their afflictions, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.
CONJof the LordG2962
PREPare in theG3588
CONJyou may beG5600
N-GSFlet him askG154
V-PAP-GSMthe one who asks; andG2532
CONJit shall be givenG1325
CONJlet him askG154
V-PMP-NSMat all becauseG1063
CONJthe one whoG3588
N-DSMof the seaG2281
N-GSFthat is driven by the windG416
V-PPP-DSMto and fro.
CONJletthe one whoG3588
N-NSNof the field,G5528
N-GSMhe himself will pass away;G3928
T-DSMits burning heatG2742
V-2AMI-3SIn the same wayG3779
CONJafter he has beenG1096
A-NSMhe shall receiveG2983
V-ADI-3Sto those whoG3588
Do not let anyoneG3367
A-NSMwho is temptedG3985
V-PAM-3S"I am being temptedG3985
V-2AAP-NSFit gives birth toG5088
N-NSFwhen it is completely finished,G658
A-NSFact of givingG1394
According to His own will,G1014
P-1APby the WordG3056
V-PXNa kind ofG5100
For this reason,G5620
V-2AMP-NPMyourselves of allG3956
CONJall the aboundingG4050
N-GSFaround you, then inG1722
V-ADM-2Pfor yourselves theG3588
N-NSMof the WordG3056
CONJthe one whoG3588
PREPit, this oneG3778
D-NSMhimself has notG3756
CONJis a doerG2041
N-GSNof the work.G4163
A-NSMand does notG3361
N-DSFand to keepG5083
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved