1. What is the cause of quarrels and fightings among you? Is it not mainly from your own lusts that are warring within your members?
2. You lust, and have not; you kill, and are jealous, and are not able to obtain; you fight and quarrel, but still you do not have, because you do not ask.
3. Then you ask, and you do not receive, because you ask with evil motives, that you may consume it on your own lusts.
4. You adulterers and adulteresses, don’t you know that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? Therefore, whoever desires to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.
5. Or do you think that the scripture says in vain, “The spirit that dwells in us lusts with envy”?
6. But He gives greater grace. This is the reason it says, “God sets Himself against the proud, but He gives grace to the humble.”
7. Therefore, submit yourselves to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
8. Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded!
9. Be grieved and mourn and weep; let your laughter be turned into grieving, and your joy into mourning.
10. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will exalt you.
11. Brethren, do not talk against one another. The one who talks against a brother, and judges his brother, is speaking against the law, and is judging the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law; rather, you are a judge.
13. Now listen, those of you who say, “Today and tomorrow we will go into such a city, and we will spend a year, and we will conduct business and make a profit.”
14. You do not even know what will happen tomorrow! For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little while, and then disappears.
15. Instead, you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we will live, and we will do this or that.”
16. But now you boast in your own arrogance. All such boasting is evil.
17. Therefore, if anyone knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin.
What isthe causeG4159
CONJstill you do notG3756
CONJyou do notG3756
V-PMI-2Pwith evil motives,G2560
CONJyou may consumeG1159
CONJdo you thinkG1380
N-ASFThis is the reasonG1352
N-NSMsets Himself againstG498
N-ASFto the humble."G5011
CONJHe will draw nearG1448
C-GPMThe one whoG3588
N-ASMis speaking againstG2635
N-NSMof the law;G3551
CONJyouare a judge.G2923
But there isG2076
R-NSMyou presume to judgeG2919
ADVlisten, those of you whoG3588
ADVwe will goG4198
CONJwe will spendG4160
CONJwe will conduct businessG1710
CONJmake a profit."G2770
V-PEP-NSFa little while,G3641
CONJwe will live,G2198
CONJwe will doG4160
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved