2. “Judah mourns, and its gates languish. Her people are mourning on the ground, and the cry of Jerusalem goes up.
3. And their nobles have sent their little ones for the water; they came to the cisterns, and found no water. They returned with their vessels empty; they were ashamed and confounded, and covered their heads.
4. Because the ground was cracked, for there was no rain in the earth, the plowmen were ashamed; they covered their heads.
5. Yea, the doe also calved in the field and forsook it because there was no grass.
6. And the wild donkeys stood in the high places; they panted for air like jackals; their eyes failed because there was no grass.”
7. O LORD, though our iniquities testify against us, act for Your name’s sake; for our backslidings are many; we have sinned against You.
8. O the Hope of Israel, its Savior in time of trouble, why should You be as a stranger in the land, and as a traveler turning in to lodge for a night?
9. Why should You be as a man confused, as one mighty, but who cannot save? Yet You, O LORD, are in our midst, and we are called by Your name. Do not leave us!
10. Thus says the LORD to this people; “Even so they have loved to wander; they have not restrained their feet; therefore the LORD does not accept them. He will now remember their iniquity and visit their sins.”
11. Then the LORD said to me, “Do not pray for this people for good.
12. When they fast, I will not hear their cry; and when they offer burnt offering and a grain offering, I will not accept them. But I will consume them by the sword, and by the famine, and by the plague.”
13. Then I said, “Ah, O Lord GOD! Behold, the prophets are saying to them, ‘You shall not see the sword, nor shall you have famine; but I will give you true peace in this place.’ ”
14. And the LORD said to me, “The prophets prophesy lies in My name; I did not send them, nor have I commanded them, nor did I speak to them. They prophesy to you a false vision and a worthless divination, and a thing of no value, and the deceit of their heart.
15. Therefore the LORD says this concerning the prophets who prophesy in My name, and I did not send them, yet they say, ‘Sword and famine shall not be in this land’—’By sword and famine those prophets shall be consumed.
16.And the people to whom they prophesy shall be cast out in the streets of erusalem because of the famine and the sword; and they shall have none to bury them, neither them, their wives, nor their sons, nor their daughters. For I will pour their own wickedness upon them.’
17. And you shall speak this word to them, ‘Let my eyes run down with tears night and day, and do not let them cease. For the virgin daughter of my people is broken with a great wound, with a very grievous blow.
18. If I go out into the field, then I see those killed with the sword! And if I enter into the city, then, behold, the sicknesses of famine! Yes, both the prophet and the priest have gone up into a land that they do not know.’ ”
19. Have You utterly rejected Judah? Or has Your soul hated Zion? Why have You stricken us, and there is no healing for us? We looked for peace, but no good came; and for the time of healing, and behold, trouble!
20. We acknowledge, O LORD, our wickedness, and the iniquity of our fathers; for we have sinned against You.
21. Do not abhor us for Your name’s sake, do not disgrace the throne of Your glory; remember, do not break Your covenant with us.
22. Are there any among the vanities of the Gentiles who can make rain fall? Or can the heavens give showers? Is it not You, O LORD our God? Then we will wait for You; for You do all these things.
HVqp3fsand its gatesH8179
HVKp3cpHer people are mourningH6937
HVqp3cpon the ground,H776
HRdHNcbsaand the cryH6682
And their noblesH117
HVqp3cptheir little onesH6810
HAampcHSp3mpfor the water;H4325
HVqp3cpwith their vesselsH3627
HDthey were ashamedH954
HNcmsain the earth,H776
And the wild donkeysH6501
HRthe high places;H8205
HVqp3cpbecause there was noH369
HVqv2msfor Your name'sH8034
HVqp3cpwe have sinnedH2398
O the HopeH4723
HRHTishould You beH1961
HVqi2msas a strangerH1616
HRHNcmsain the land,H776
HRdHNcbsaand as a travelerH732
HVqp3msto lodge for a night?H3885
HRHTishould You beH1961
HVqi2msas a manH376
HVNrmsaas one mighty,H1368
HNparein our midst,H7130
HRHNcmscHSp1cpand we are calledH7121
HTmthey have lovedH157
HRHVqcthey have notH3808
HNcfdcHSp3mptherefore the LORDH3068
HVqp3msHSp3mpHe will nowH6258
HNcfsaand a grain offering,H4503
HCHNcfsaI will notH369
HCHCI will consumeH3615
HToHSp3mpby the sword,H2719
HRdHNcfsaand by the famine,H7458
HCHRdHNcmsaand by the plague."H1698
Then I said,H559
HRHSp3mp'You shall notH3808
HCI will giveH5414
And the LORDH3068
HNcmsain My name;H8034
HRHNcmscHSp1csI did notH3808
HCHTnhave I commanded them,H6680
HCHTndid I speakH1696
HNcmscand a worthless divination,H7081
HCHNcmsaand a thing of no value,H457
HCHNcmsaand the deceitH8649
HCHNcfscof their heart.H3820
HTdHVNrmpain My name,H8034
HTdHNcmpashall be consumed.H8552
And the peopleH5971
HVHsmpain the streetsH2351
HTdHNcmsaand the sword;H2719
HCHTdHNcfsaand they shall have noneH369
HNcfpcHSp3mpnor their sons,H1121
HCHNcmpcHSp3mpnor their daughters.H1323
HCHNcfpcHSp3mpFor I will pourH8210
HTotheir own wickednessH7451
And you shall speakH559
HRHSp3mp'Let my eyesH5869
HCHDand do notH408
HCHTnlet them cease.H1820
HNcfscof my peopleH5971
HNcmsawith a greatH1419
HCI go outH3318
HVqp1csinto the field,H7704
HTdHNcmsathen I seeH2009
HAampcwith the sword!H2719
HVqp1csinto the city,H5892
HNcmsahave gone upH5503
HNcbsathat they do notH3808
Have You utterlyH3988
HChas Your soulH5315
HTihave You stricken us,H5221
HVhp2msHSp1cpand there is noH369
HAamsacame; and for the timeH6256
HVqj2msusfor Your name'sH8034
HNcmscof Your glory;H3519
HTiHTmanyamong the vanitiesH1892
HRHNcmpcof the GentilesH1471
HTdHNcmpawho can make rain fall?H1652
HCHCcan the heavensH8064
HNcmpcHSp1cpThen we will waitH6960
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved