1. And these are the words of the letter that Jeremiah the prophet sent from Jerusalem to the rest of the elders of the exile, and to the priests, and to the prophets, and to all the people whom Nebuchadnezzar exiled from Jerusalem to Babylon.
2. (After Jeconiah the king, and the queen mother, and the officials, the rulers of Judah and Jerusalem, and the craftsmen, and the smiths, had departed from Jerusalem.)
3. The letter was sent by the hand of Elasah the son of Shaphan, and Gemariah the son of Hilkiah, whom Zedekiah the king of Judah sent to Babylon to Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, saying,
4. “Thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, to all the exiles whom I caused to be exiled from Jerusalem to Babylon,
5. ‘Build houses and live in them; and plant gardens and eat their fruit.
6. Take wives and beget sons and daughters. And take wives for your sons, and give your daughters to husbands, so that they may bear sons and daughters, that you may be multiplied there and not become few.
7. And seek the peace of the city where I have caused you to be exiled, and pray to the LORD for it. For in its peace you shall have peace.’ ”
8. “For thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, ‘Do not let your prophets and your diviners in your midst deceive you, nor hearken to your dreams which you cause to be dreamed.
9. For they prophesy falsely to you in My name; I have not sent them,’ says the LORD.
10. For thus says the LORD, ‘When according to My Word seventy years have been fulfilled for Babylon, I will visit you and confirm My good Word to you, to bring you back to this place.
11. For I know the purposes which I am purposing for you,’ says the LORD; ‘purposes of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.
12. Then you shall call on Me, and you shall go and pray to Me, and I will hearken to you.
13. And you shall seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.
14. And I will be found by you,’ says the LORD; ‘and I will turn away your captivity, and I will gather you from all the nations, and from all the places where I have driven you,’ says the LORD. ‘And I will bring you again into the place from where I caused you to be carried away captive.’ ”
15. “Because you have said, ‘The LORD has raised us up prophets in Babylon;’
16. Therefore thus says the LORD of the king who sits on the throne of David, and of all the people who dwell in this city, and of your brethren who have not gone out with you into captivity;
17. Thus says the LORD of hosts, ‘Behold, I will send on them the sword, the famine, and the plague, and will make them like worthless figs which cannot be eaten because they are so rotten.
18. And I will pursue them with the sword, with the famine, and with the plague, and will make them an astonishment to all the kingdoms of the earth, to be a curse, and a waste, and a hissing, and a reproach, among all the nations where I have driven them,
19. Because they have not hearkened to My words,’ says the LORD, ‘which I sent to them by My servants the prophets, again and again; but you would not hear,’ says the LORD.”
20. “Therefore hear the Word of the LORD, all you exiles, whom I have sent from Jerusalem to Babylon;
21. Thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, about Ahab the son of Kolaiah and of Zedekiah the son of Maaseiah, who prophesy a lie to you in My name, ‘Behold, I will deliver them into the hand of Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, and he shall kill them before your eyes.
22. And this curse shall be used because of them by all the exiles of Judah who are in Babylon, saying, “May the LORD make you like Zedekiah and like Ahab, whom the king of Babylon roasted in the fire,”
23. Because they have committed vile deeds in Israel, and have committed adultery with their neighbors’ wives, and have spoken lying words in My name, which I have not commanded them; for I am He who knows and am a witness,’ says the LORD.”
24. “You shall also speak to Shemaiah the Nehelamite, saying,
25. ‘Thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, saying, “You have sent letters in your name to all the people who are at Jerusalem, and to Zephaniah the son of Maaseiah the priest, and to all the priests, saying,
26. ‘The LORD has made you priest instead of Jehoiada the priest, to be officers in the house of the LORD, over every madman who prophesies, that you should put him into the stocks and into the collar.
27. Now therefore why have you not reproved Jeremiah of Anathoth, who prophesies to you?
28. For this cause he sent to us in Babylon, saying, “This exile is long. Build houses and live in them, and plant gardens and eat their fruit.” ’ ” ’ ”
29. And Zephaniah the priest read this letter in the ears of Jeremiah the prophet.
30. And the Word of the LORD came to Jeremiah, saying,
31. “Send to all the exiles, saying, ‘Thus says the LORD concerning Shemaiah the Nehelamite, “Because Shemaiah has prophesied to you, and I didnot send him, and he caused you to trust in a lie,”
32. Therefore thus says the LORD, “Behold, I will punish Shemaiah the Nehelamite and his seed. He shall not have a man to dwell among this people; nor shall he behold the good which I shall do for My people,” says the LORD, “because he has taught rebellion against the LORD.” ’ ”
HNcmpcof the letterH5612
HNcmscof the eldersH2205
HAampcof the exile,H1473
HTdHNcmsaand the queen mother,H1377
HCHTdHNcfsaand the officials,H5631
HCHNpand the craftsmen,H2796
HCHTdHNcmsaand the smiths,H4525
The letter was sent by the handH3027
HTrI caused to be exiledH1540
HNcfpafor your sons,H1121
HRHNcmpaso that they may bearH3205
HCHNcfpathat you may be multipliedH7235
HNcmscof the cityH5892
HTrI have caused youH853
HToHSp2mpto be exiled,H1540
HCin its peaceH7965
HTnlet your prophetsH5030
HNcmpcHSp2mpand your divinersH7080
HTrin your midstH7130
HVqj2mpto your dreamsH2472
HCaccording to My WordH6310
HNcfsahave been fulfilledH4390
HRHNpI will visitH6485
HRHSp2mpto bring youH853
HNcfsaand a hope.H8615
And I will be foundH4672
HNp'and I will turn awayH7725
HNcfscHSp2mpand I will gatherH6908
HTdHNcmpaand from allH3605
HTrI have drivenH5080
HNp'And I will bringH7725
HTrI caused youH853
HToHSp2mpto be carried away captive.’”H1540
HRdHNcfsaandof your brethrenH251
HTdHNcmsaand will makeH5414
HVNi3fpbecause they are so rotten.H7455
And I will pursueH7291
HRHSp3mpwith the sword,H2719
HRdHNcfsawith the famine,H7458
HRdHNcmsaand with the plague,H1698
HCHRdHNcmsaand will make themH5414
HNcfpcof the earth,H776
HTdHNcbsato be a curse,H423
HRHNcfsaand a waste,H8047
HCHRHNcfsaand a hissing,H8322
HCHRHNcfsaand a reproach,H2781
HTrI have driven them,H5080
HTrthey have notH3808
HToby My servantsH5650
HCHVqabut you would notH3808
HRHSp2mpin My name,H8034
HToHSp3mpinto the handH3027
HNpand he shall kill themH5221
HCHVhq3msHSp3mpbefore your eyes.H5869
And this curseH7045
HNcfsashall be usedH3947
HCHVPq3msbecause of themHm
HRHVqc"May the LORDH3068
HRHNpand like Ahab,H256
HVqp3msHSp3mpin the fire,"H784
HTrthey have committedH6213
HRHNpand have committed adulteryH5003
HTowith their neighbors'H7453
HNcfpcand have spokenH1696
HNcmsain My name,H8034
HTrI have notH3808
HCHPp1csamHe who knowsH3045
HTdHVqrmsaand am a witness,'H5707
HNcmpain your nameH8034
HNphas made youH5414
HNcmscof the LORD,H3068
HCHVtrmsathat you should putH5414
HCHVqv2mpin them, and plantH5193
HVqp1csHSp3msand he caused youH853
HNcmscHSp3msHe shall notH3808
HCHTnshall he beholdH7200
HTrI shall doH6213
HVqrmsafor My people,"H5971
HChe has taughtH1696
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved