1. And King Zedekiah the son of Josiah reigned instead of Coniah the son of Jehoiakim, whom Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon made king in the land of Judah.
2. But neither he, nor his servants, nor the people of the land, hearkened to the words of the LORD which He spoke by the prophet Jeremiah.
3. And Zedekiah the king sent Jehucal the son of Shelemiah and Zephaniah the son of Maaseiah the priest to the prophet Jeremiah, saying, “Pray now to the LORD our God for us.”
4. And Jeremiah came in and went out among the people, for they had not put him into prison.
5. And Pharaoh’s army had come out from Egypt. And when the Chaldeans who besieged Jerusalem heard news of them, they departed from Jerusalem.
6. Then the Word of the LORD came to the prophet Jeremiah, saying,
7. “Thus says the LORD, the God of Israel, ‘You shall say this to the king of Judah, who sent you to Me to inquire of Me: “Behold, Pharaoh’s army, which has come forth to help you, shall return to Egypt into their own land. . And the Chaldeans shall come again and fight against this city, and capture it, and burn it with fire.” ’
9. Thus says the LORD, ‘Do not deceive yourselves, saying, “The Chaldeans shall surely depart from us.” For they shall not depart.
10. For though you had stricken the whole army of the Chaldeans who fight against you, and there remained only wounded men among them, they would rise up, each man in his tent, and burn this city with fire.’ ”
11. And it came to pass when the army of Chaldeans had withdrawn from Jerusalem because of fear of Pharaoh’s army,
12. Then Jeremiah went out of Jerusalem to go into the land of Benjamin, to receive his portion there, in the midst of the people.
13. And when he was in the gate of Benjamin, a commander of the guard named Irijah was there, the son of Shelemiah, the son of Hananiah. And he seized Jeremiah the prophet, saying, “You are falling away to the Chaldeans.”
14. Then Jeremiah said, “A lie! I am not falling away to the Chaldeans.” But he did not listen to him; so Irijah took Jeremiah and brought him to the rulers.
15. And the rulers were angry with Jeremiah, and struck him, and put him in prison, the house of Jonathan the scribe. For they had made that the prison.
16. When Jeremiah had entered into the dungeon, and into the cells, then Jeremiah remained there many days.
17. And Zedekiah the king sent and took him out. And the king asked him secretly in his palace, and said, “Is there any word from the LORD?” And Jeremiah said, “There is. And He said, you shall be delivered into the hand of the king of Babylon.”
18. And Jeremiah said to King Zedekiah, “How have I sinned against you, or against your servants, or against this people, that you have put me in prison?
19. Where now are your prophets who prophesied to you, saying, ‘The king of Babylon shall not come against you nor against this land’?
20. Therefore hear now, I pray you, O my lord the king; I beg you, let my petition come before you, do not cause me to return to the house of Jonathan the scribe, lest I die there.”
21. And Zedekiah the king commanded that they should put Jeremiah into the court of the prison, and that they should give him a piece of bread out of the bakers’ street daily, until all the bread in the city was gone. So Jeremiah remained in the court of the prison.
HCHVqw3msinstead of ConiahH3659
But neither he,H1931
HCHNcmpcHSp3msnor the peopleH5971
HCHNcmscof the land,H776
HNcmpcof the LORDH3068
HVqrmsaand went outH3318
HTdHNcmsafor they had notH3808
HCHNcmschad come outH3318
HRHNpAnd when the ChaldeansH3778
HTonews of them,H8088
HD'You shall sayH559
HRHSp1csto inquire of Me:H1875
HNcmscwhich has come forthH3318
HNpinto their own land.H776
And the ChaldeansH3778
HTdHNpshall come againH7725
HTdHNcfsaand capture it,H3920
HCHVqq3cpHSp3fsand burn itH8313
HCthey shall notH3808
HCyou had strickenH5221
HNcmscof the ChaldeansH3778
HRHSp2mpand there remainedH7604
HRHSp3mpthey would rise up,H6965
HNcmsain his tent,H168
HRHVqcinto the landH776
HNpto receive his portionH2505
HRHDin the midstH8432
HRHNcmscof the people.H5971
And when heH1931
HCHVqw3msin the gateH8179
HNcmscof the guardH6488
HNpAnd he seizedH8610
HPp2msare falling awayH5307
HNcmsaI am notH369
HTdHNpBut he did notH3808
HRHNpand brought himH935
And the rulersH8269
HVqp3cpthat the prison.H1004
HCHVqw3msand took him out.H3947
HCHVqw3msHSp3msAnd the kingH4428
HRdHNcmsain his palace,H1004
HTiHTmAnd He said,H559
HCHVqw3msyou shall be deliveredH5414
HVNi2msinto the handH3027
HRHNcbscof the kingH4428
HTihave I sinnedH2398
HRHSp2msor against your servants,H5650
HCHRHNcmpcHSp2msor against thisH2088
HCyou have putH5414
HCHTinow are your prophetsH5030
HCHDI pray you,H4994
HTeO my lordH113
HTdHNcmsaI beg you,H4994
HTelet my petitionH8467
HCHTncause me to returnH7725
HVhj2msHSp1csto the houseH1004
HCHVpw3msthat they should putH6485
HNpinto the courtH2691
HRHNcbscof the prison,H4307
HTdHNcfsaand that they should giveH5414
HTdHNcbsain the cityH5892
HCHVqw3msin the courtH2691
HRHNcbscof the prison.H4307
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved