1. “If you will return, O Israel,” says the LORD, “Return to Me. And if you will put away your abominations out of My sight, then you shall not be removed,
2. And will swear, ‘ As the LORD lives,’ in truth, in judgment, and in righteousness; then the nations shall bless themselves in Him, and in Him they shall glory.”
3. For thus says the LORD to the men of Judah and to Jerusalem, “Break up your fallow ground, and do not sow among thorns.
4. Circumcise yourselves to the LORD, and take away the foreskins of your heart, men of Judah and people of Jerusalem; lest My fury come forth like fire, and burn so that none can put it out; because of the evil of your doings.”
5. Declare in Judah, and let it be heard in Jerusalem; and say, “Blow the ram’s horn in the land; cry, gather together, and say, ‘Gather yourselves and let us go into the fortified cities.’
6. Set up the banner toward Zion; flee for safety and do not wait; for I will bring evil from the north, and a great destruction.”
7. The lion has come up from his thicket, and the destroyer of the nations has set out; he has left his place to make your land a waste. Your cities will fall into ruins without inhabitant.
8. Put on sackcloth for this, wail and howl; for the fierce anger of the LORD has not turned back from us.
9. “And it shall come to pass at that day,” says the LORD, “the king’s heart will perish, and the heart of the rulers; and the priests will be amazed, and the prophets will be astounded.”
10. Then I said, “Ah, Lord GOD! Surely You have greatly deceived this people and Jerusalem, saying, ‘You shall have peace,’ whereas a sword reaches to the soul.”
11. At that time it shall be said to this people and to Jerusalem, “A scorching wind blows from the high places in the wilderness toward the daughter of My people, not to sift nor to cleanse.
12. But, a wind more powerful than these shall come from Me. Now also I will utter judgments against them.”
13. Behold, he shall come up like clouds, and his chariots like a tempest. His horses are swifter than eagles. Woe to us, for we are plundered!
14. O Jerusalem, cleanse your heart from evil so that you may be saved. How long shall your wicked thoughts lodge within you?
15. For a voice declares from Dan, and proclaims disaster from Mount Ephraim.
16. “Tell it to the nations: Behold! Proclaim against Jerusalem! Besiegers are going to come from a distant land; and they will set their voice against the cities of Judah.
17. Like watchmen of a field, they are against her all around; because she rebelled against Me,” says the LORD.
18. “Your way and your doings have brought these things upon you; this is your evil, how bitter it is! How it pierces into your heart.”
19. My bowels, my bowels! I writhe in pain. O walls of my heart! My heart is beating wildly within me; I cannot be silent because you have heard, O my soul, the sound of the ram’s horn, the alarm of war.
20. Destruction upon destruction is cried; for the whole land is laid waste. Suddenly my tents are laid waste, my curtains in a moment.
21. How long shall I see the banner of war and hear the sound of the ram’s horn?
22. “For My people are foolish; they have not known Me; they are stupid children, and they have no understanding. They are wise to do evil, but to do good they have no knowledge.”
23. I looked on the earth, and, lo, it was without form and void; and the heavens, they had no light.
24. I looked on the mountains, and, lo, they quaked; and all the hills were shaken.
25. I looked, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens had fled.
26. I looked, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all its cities were broken down before the face of the LORD, by His fierce anger.
27. For thus has the LORD said, “The whole land shall be desolate, yet I will not make a full end.
28. The earth shall mourn for this, and the heavens above shall be black because I have spoken, I have purposed it, and will not repent, nor will I turn back from it.
29. Every city shall flee from the sound of the horsemen and bowmen. They shall go into thickets and climb up among the rocks. Every city is abandoned, and not a man shall dwell in them.
30. And you, O desolate one, what will you do? Though you dress with crimson, though you put on ornaments of gold, though you make your eyes large with paint, you shall make yourself beautiful in vain; your lovers will despise you; they will seek your life.
31. For I have heard a voice as of a woman in labor, the anguish as one bearing her first child, the voice of Zion’s daughter, gasping and spreading her hands, saying, ‘Woe to me now! For my life is given to the murderers.’ ”
HCyou will return,H7725
HCHCyou will put awayH5493
HNcmpcHSp2msout of My sight,H6440
HRHNcbpcHSp1csthen you shall notH3808
And will swear,H7650
HCHVNq2ms' As the LORDH3068
HRHNcmsaand in righteousness;H6666
HCHRHNcfsathen the nationsH1471
HCHVtq3cpthemselves in Him,Hb
HRHSp3msand in HimHb
HCHRHSp3msthey shall glory."H1984
HNpto the menH376
HNpand to Jerusalem,H3389
HNcmsaand do notH408
HVNv2mpyourselves to the LORD,H3068
HRHNpand take awayH5493
HNcfpcof your heart,H3824
HCHVqq3fsso that noneH369
HCHTncan put it out;H3518
HNcmscof your doings."H4611
HRHNpand let it be heardH8085
HVqv2mpthe ram's hornH7782
HNcmsain the land;H776
HVNv2mpyourselves and let us goH935
HVhv2mpand do notH408
HNcfsafrom the north,H6828
HRHNcfsaand a greatH1419
HNcmsahas come upH5927
HVqp3msfrom his thicket,H5441
HRHNcmscHSp3msand the destroyerH7843
HCHVhrmscof the nationsH1471
HNcmpahas set out;H5265
HVqp3mshe has leftH3318
HNcfpcHSp2fswill fall into ruinsH5327
HTaof the LORDH3068
"And it shall come to passH1961
HVqi3msand the heartH3820
HCHNcmscof the rulers;H8269
HTdHNcmpaand the priestsH3548
HTdHNcmpawill be amazed,H8074
HCHVNq3cpand the prophetsH5030
HCHTdHNcmpawill be astounded."H8539
Then I said,H559
HDYou have greatlyH5377
HNcmsawhereas a swordH2719
At that timeH6256
HTdHPp3fsshall be saidH559
HRdHNcmsaand to Jerusalem,H3389
HNcbsablows fromthe high placesH8205
HNcmpain the wildernessH4057
HNcfscof My people,H5971
But, a windH7307
HTmhe shall come upH5927
HRHNcmpaand his chariotsH4818
HNcfpcHSp3mslike a tempest.H5492
HCwe are plundered!H7703
HRyou may be saved.H3467
HTishall your wickedH205
HVhv2mpitto the nations:H1471
HVqrmpaare going to comeH935
HVqrmpafrom a distantH4801
HRHNcbscand they will setH5414
HRHVqrmpcof a field,H7704
HNcbscHSp2fsand your doingsH4611
HPdxfsis your evil,H7451
HAamsait is! HowH3588
HNcmpcHSp1csI writhe in pain.H3176
HNcmpcof my heart!H3820
HNcmscHSp1csis beating wildlyH1993
HCyou have heard,H8085
HVqp2fsO my soul,H5315
HNcmscof the ram's horn,H7782
HTdHNcbsais laid waste.H7703
HNcmpcHSp1csare laid waste,H7703
HNcfpcHSp1csin a moment.H7281
HAamsathey have notH3808
HAampato do evil,H7489
HRHVhcbut to do goodH3190
HCHRHVhcthey have noH3808
HToon the earth,H776
HCHTmit waswithout formH8414
HTdHNcmpathey had noH369
HCHTmthe fruitful placeH3759
HNcfpcHSp3mswere broken downH5422
HVNp3cpbefore the faceH6440
HRHNcbpcof the LORD,H3068
HPdxfsand the heavensH8064
HRHDshall be blackH6937
HCI have spoken,H1696
HVpp1csI have purposedH2161
HVqp1csit, and will notH3808
HCHTnwill I turn backH7725
HVqrfsafrom the soundH6963
HRHNcmscof the horsemenH6571
HCHVqrmscThey shall goH935
HRdHNcbpaand climb upH5927
HVqp3cpamong the rocks.H3710
HTiwill you do?H6213
HCyou put onH5710
HCyou make your eyesH5869
HRdHNcmsayou shall make yourself beautifulH3302
HRHSp2fsthey will seekH1245
HCI have heardH8085
HNcmsaas of a woman in labor,H2470
HNcfsaas one bearing her first child,H1069
HTjto me now!H4994
HVqp3fsto the murderers.'”H2026
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved