1. “Run to and fro through the streets of Jerusalem, and see now, and know, and seek in her open places, if you can find a man, if there is one who does justice, who seeks the truth; and I will pardon her.
2. And though they say, ‘As the LORD lives;’ surely they swear falsely.”
3. O LORD, are not Your eyes on the truth? You have stricken them, but they have not grieved; You have destroyed them, but they have refused to receive correction; they have made their faces harder than rock; they have refused to return.
4. Therefore I said, “Surely these are poor; they are foolish; for they do not know the way of the LORD, nor the judgment of their God.
5. I will go up for myself to the great men, and will speak to them; for they have known the way of the LORD and the judgment of their God.” But these had altogether broken the yoke and had torn off the bonds!
6. Therefore a lion out of the forest shall kill them, and a wolf of the deserts shall rob them; a leopard shall watch over their cities. Everyone who goes out from them shall be torn in pieces because their sins are many and their backslidings are multiplied.
7. “How shall I pardon you for this? Your children have forsaken Me, and have sworn by them that are not gods. When I had fed them to the full, then they committed adultery, and gathered themselves by troops in a harlot’s house.
8. They were like lusty, well-fed stallions in the morning; every one neighing after his neighbor’s wife.
9. Shall I not punish for these things?” says the LORD. “And shall not My soul be avenged on such a nation as this?
10. Go up upon her walls and destroy; but do not make a full end; take away her branches, for they are not the LORD’S.
11. For the house of Israel and the house of Judah have dealt very deceitfully against Me,” says the LORD.
12. They have lied against the LORD and said, “It is not He; neither shall evil come on us; nor shall we see sword nor famine.
13. And the prophets shall become as wind, for the word is not in them; thus it shall be done to them.”
14. Therefore thus says the LORD God of hosts, “Because you have spoken this word, behold, I will make My words in your mouth fire, and this people wood, and it shall devour them.
15. Lo, I will bring a nation upon you from afar, O house of Israel,” says the LORD. “It is a mighty nation, it is an ancient nation, a nation whose language you do not know, nor understand what they say.
16. Their quiver is as an open grave; they are all mighty men.
17. And they shall eat up your harvest and your bread, your sons and your daughters they shall eat up. They shall eat up your flocks and your herds; they shall eat up your vines and your fig trees. They shall beat down your fortified cities with the sword.
18. But even in those days,” says the LORD, “I will not make a complete end with you.
19. And it will be, when they shall ask, ‘Why does the LORD our God do all these things to us?’ Then you shall answer them, ‘Just as you have forsaken Me and served strange gods in your land, so you shall serve strangers in a land that is not yours.’ ”
20. “Declare this in the house of Jacob, and cry it in Judah, saying,
21. ‘Now hear this, O foolish people and without understanding; who have eyes and see not; who have ears and hear not;
22. Do you not fear Me?’ says the LORD. ‘Will you not tremble at My presence, even I Who have placed the sand for the boundary of the sea by a never-ending decree, so that it cannot pass it? And though they toss themselves, yet they cannot prevail; though its waves roar, yet they cannot pass over it.
23. But this people has a revolting and a rebellious heart; they have revolted and are departed from Me.
24. And they do not say in their heart, “Let us now fear the LORD our God, Who gives both the former and the latter rain in its season; He reserves to us the appointed weeks of the harvest.”
25. Your iniquities have turned away these things, and your sins have withheld good things from you.
26. For among My people are found wicked ones; they lie in wait, as one who sets snares; they set a trap, they catch men.
27. Like a cage full of birds, so their houses are full of deceit; therefore they have become great and grown rich.
28. They have become fat, they have become sleek. Yea, they excel in evil deeds; they do not plead the cause, the cause of the fatherless, yet they prosper; and they do not defend the right of the needy.
29. Shall I not punish for these things?’ says the LORD. ‘Shall not My soul be avenged on such a nation as this?
30. An astounding and horrible thing has happened in the land.
31. The prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests bear rule by their means; and My people love to have it so, and what will you do at the end of it?’ ”
"Run to and froH7751
HVov2mpthrough the streetsH2351
HCHVpv2mpin her open places,H7339
HCyou can findH4672
HTmone who doesH6213
HNcfsaand I will pardonH5545
HNcbdcHSp2mson the truth?H530
HRHNcfsaYou have strickenH5221
HToHSp3mpbut they have notH3808
HVqp3cpYou have destroyed them,H3615
HVpp2msHSp3mpbut they have refusedH3985
HNcmsathey have made their facesH6440
HRHNcmsathey have refusedH3985
HTathese are poor;H1800
HCthey do notH3808
HNcbscof the LORD,H3068
HNcmscof their God.H430
I will goH3212
HVqh1csup for myselfHl
HRthe great men,H1419
HTdHAampaand will speakH1696
HNcbscof the LORDH3068
HNcmscof their God."H430
HNcmsaand had torn offH5423
HNcmsaout of the forestH3293
HRHNcmsashall kill them,H5221
HNcmscof the desertsH6160
HNcfpashall rob them;H7703
HNcmscwho goes outH3318
HTdHVqrmsafrom them shallH2007
HRHPp3fpbe torn in piecesH2963
HTishall I pardonH5545
HVqi1csyou for this?H2063
HNcmpcHSp2fshave forsaken Me,H5800
HVqp3cpHSp1csand have swornH7650
HCHVNw3mpby them that are notH3808
HNcmpaWhen I had fed themH853
HToHSp3mpto the full,H7646
HCHVhw1csthen they committed adultery,H5003
HCHVqw3mpand gathered themselves by troopsH1413
HVri3mpin a harlot'sH2181
Shall I notH3808
HVti3fson such a nationH1471
HVqv2mpupon her wallsH8284
HCHVpv2mpbut do notH408
HVqj2mpa full end;H3617
They have liedH3584
HVpp3cpagainst the LORDH3068
HCHVqw3mp"It is notH3808
HTnshall we seeH7200
HCyou have spokenH1696
HTmHSp1csI will makeH5414
HNcmpcHSp1csin your mouthH6310
HNcmpaand it shall devour them.H398
HNcbscHSp3msyou do notH3808
And they shall eat upH398
HNcmscHSp2msand your bread,H3899
HNcmpcHSp2msand your daughtersH1323
HCHNcfpcHSp2msthey shall eat up.H398
HVqi3mpThey shall eat upH398
HNcbscHSp2msand your herds;H1241
HCHNcbscHSp2msthey shall eat upH398
HNcbscHSp2msand your fig trees.H8384
HCHNcfscHSp2msThey shall beat downH7567
HRHPp3fpwith the sword.H2719
And it will be,H1961
HCthey shall ask,H559
HRHSp1cpThen you shall answerH559
HRHTryou have forsakenH5800
HNcmpcin your land,H776
HTmyou shall serveH5647
HAampain a landH776
Do you notH3808
HC'Will you notH3808
HVqi2mpat My presence,H6440
HNcmsaof the seaH3220
HNcmscso that it cannotH3808
HVqi3msHSp3msAnd though they toss themselves,H1607
HCHVtw3mpyet they cannotH3808
HVqi3mpthough its wavesH1530
HCHVqq3cpyet they cannotH3808
HCHTnpass over it.H5674
And they do notH3808
HVqp3cpin their heart,H3824
HRHNcmscHSp3mp"Let us nowH4994
HNcmsaboth the formerH3138
HNcmsaand the latter rainH4456
HCHNcmsain its season;H6256
HNcmpcof the harvest."H7105
HCamong My peopleH5971
HAampathey lie in wait,H7789
HVqi3msas one who setsH7918
Like a cageH3619
HTmthey have become greatH1431
HVqp3cpand grown rich.H6238
They have become fat,H8080
HVqp3cpthey have become sleek.H6245
HNcmpcthey do notH3808
HNcmscof the fatherless,H3490
HNcmsayet they prosper;H6743
HCHVqw3mpand they do notH3808
HCHNcmscof the needy.H34
Shall I notH3808
HVti3fson such a nationH1471
HRdHNcmsaand the priestsH3548
HNcbdcHSp3mpand My peopleH5971
HVqp3cpto have itso,H3651
HCHTiwill you doH6213
HVqi2mpat the end of it?'”H319
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved