1. “O children of Benjamin, flee for safety out of the midst of Jerusalem. And blow the ram’s horn in Tekoa, and set up a signal-fire over Beth Haccerem; for evil appears out of the north, and great destruction comes.
2. I will destroy the daughter of Zion, the beautiful and tender one.
3. The shepherds with their flocks shall come to her; they shall pitch tents against her all around; they shall graze each one his portion.”
4. “Prepare war against her; arise and let us go up at noon. Woe to us! For the day goes away, for the shadows of the evening are stretched out.
5. Arise, and let us go by night, and let us destroy her palaces.”
6. For thus has the LORD of hosts said, “Cut down trees and cast a mound against Jerusalem! She is the city to be punished; there is nothing but oppression in her midst.
7. As a fountain keeps fresh her waters, so she keeps fresh her evil; violence and spoil is heard in her; continually before Me are grief and wounds.
8. O Jerusalem, take warning, lest My soul depart from you; lest I make you desolate, a land without people.”
9. Thus says the LORD of hosts, “They shall thoroughly glean the remnant of Israel like a vine; pass your hand again as a grape gatherer over the branches.”
10. “To whom shall I speak, and give warning, that they may hear? Behold, their ears are not circumcised, and they cannot hearken. Behold, the Word of the LORD is to them a reproach; they have no delight in it.
11. Therefore I am full of the fury of the LORD; I am weary with holding in; pour it out on the children in the street, and on the assembly of young men together. For even the husband with the wife shall be taken as well as the aged with fullness of days.
12. And their houses shall be turned over to others, together with their fields and wives; for I will stretch out My hand on the inhabitants of the land,” says the LORD.
13. “For everyone from the least of them even to the greatest of them is greedy for gain; and from the prophet even unto the priest everyone deals falsely.
14. They have also healed the hurt of the daughter of My people slightly, saying, ‘Peace, peace,’ when there is no peace.
15. Were they ashamed when they had committed abomination? No, they were not at all ashamed, nor could they blush; therefore they shall fall among those who fall. At the time that I punish them, they shall be cast down,” says the LORD.
16. Thus says the LORD, “Stand in the ways and see, and ask for the old paths where the good way is and walk in it, and you shall find rest for your souls. But they said, ‘We will not walk in it.’
17. Also I set watchmen over you, saying, ‘Hearken to the sound of the ram’s horn.’ But they said, ‘We will not hearken.’
18. Therefore hear, you nations, and know, O congregation, what will happen to them.
19. Hear, O earth; behold, I will bring evil on this people, even the fruit of their thoughts because they have not hearkened to My words, nor to My law, but have rejected it.
20. To what purpose does frankincense come to Me from Sheba, and the sweet cane from a far country? Your burnt offerings are not acceptable, nor your sacrifices sweet to Me.”
21. Therefore thus says the LORD, “Behold, I will lay stumbling blocks before this people, and the fathers and the sons together shall fall upon them; the neighbor and his friend shall perish.”
22. Thus says the LORD, “Behold, a people comes from the north country, and a great nation shall be raised from the ends of the earth.
23. They shall lay hold on bow and spear; they are cruel and have no mercy; their voice roars like the sea; and they ride on horses, arrayed in battle order like men for war against you, O daughter of Zion.”
24. We have heard the report of it; our hands become feeble; anguish has taken hold of us, and pain, like a woman in labor.
25. Do not go out into the field, nor walk by the way; for the sword of the enemy and fear are on every side.
26. O daughter of my people put on sackcloth, and wallow in ashes; make mourning for yourself, as for an only son, a most bitter lament; for the destroyer shall suddenly come on us.
27. “I have made you like an assayer, and an examiner among My people, that you may know and try their way.
28. They are all grievous revolters, walking in slanders; they are bronze and iron; they are all corrupters.
29. The bellows blow fiercely, the lead is melted by the fire; the refiner melts in vain; for the wicked are not plucked away.
30. Rejected silver men call them because the LORD has rejected them.”
HNpflee for safetyH5756
HVhv2mpout of the midstH7130
HVqv2mpthe ram's hornH7782
HCHRHNpand set upH5375
HVNp3fsout of the north,H6828
HVqrmpawith their flocksH5739
HRHSp3fsthey shall pitchH8628
HNcbsathey shall grazeH7462
HVqv2mpand let us go upH5927
HNcmpcof the eveningH6153
HNcmsaare stretched out.H5186
HDhas the LORDH3068
HTdHNcfsato be punished;H6485
HVHp3msthere isnothing butH3605
HNcmsain her midst.H7130
As a fountainH953
HTmshe keeps freshH6979
HCI make youH7760
HNcbpa"They shall thoroughlyH5953
HNplike a vine;H1612
HRdHNcbsapass your handH3027
HVhv2msas a grape gathererH1219
HTishall I speak,H1696
HVph1csand give warning,H5749
HCHVhh1csthat they may hear?H8085
HAafsaand they cannotH3808
HNcmscof the LORDH3068
HRHNcfsathey have noH3808
HCHToI am fullH4392
HVqp1csof the furyH2534
HNcfscof the LORD;H3068
HNpI am wearyH3811
HVNp1cswith holding in;H3557
HVqv2msit out onH5921
HNcmsain the street,H2351
HNcmscof young menH970
HNcfsashall be takenH3920
HVNi3mpas well asthe agedH2205
And their housesH1004
HNcmpcHSp3mpshall be turned overH5437
HCI will stretch outH5186
HVqrmpcof the land,"H776
HNcmscHSp3msfrom the least of themH6996
HCHRthe greatest of themH1419
HNcmsaand from the prophetH5030
They have also healedH7495
HNcmscof the daughterof My peopleH5971
HNcmsawhen there is noH369
Were they ashamedH3001
HCthey had committedH6213
HTathey were notH3808
HRHDthey shall fallH5307
HVqi3mpamong those who fall.H5307
HRdHVqrmpaAt the timeH6256
HRHNcbscthatI punish them,H6485
HVqp1csHSp3mpthey shall be cast down,"H3782
HCHVqv2mpfor the oldH5769
HRHSp3fsand you shall findH4672
HNcmsafor your souls.H5315
HRHNcbscHSp2mpBut they said,H559
HCHVqw3mp'We will notH3808
Also I setH6965
HVhv2mpto the soundH6963
HRHNcmscof the ram's horn.'H7782
HNcmsaBut they said,H559
HCHVqw3mp'We will notH3808
HTdHNcmsaeven the fruitH6529
HNcmscof their thoughtsH4284
HCthey have notH3808
HNcmpcHSp1csnor to My law,H8451
HCHNcfscHSp1csbut have rejectedH3988
HRHNpand the sweetH2896
HCHNcmsafrom a farH4801
HRHNcbscYour burnt offeringsH5930
HTmHSp1csI will layH5414
HTdHNcmsaand the fathersH1
HNcmpaand the sonsH1121
HAamsaand his friendH7453
HVqp3msfrom the northH6828
HRHNcbscand a greatH1419
HCHNcmsashall be raisedH5782
HVNi3msfrom the endsH3411
HRHNcfdcof the earth.H776
They shall lay holdH2388
HAamsaand have noH3808
HVqi3mslike the sea;H3220
HRdHNcmsaand they rideH7392
HNcmpaarrayed in battle orderH6186
We have heardH8085
HTothe report of it;H8089
HNcfsahas taken hold of us,H2388
HNcmsalike a woman in labor.H3205
HVqj2mpinto the field,H7704
HVqj2mpby the way;H1870
HNcfsaof the enemyH341
HNcmsaareon every side.H5439
HNcfscof my peopleH5971
HRHSp2fsas foran only son,H3173
HAamsaa most bitterH8563
"I have made youH5414
HNcmsaamong My people,H5971
HRHNcmscHSp1csthat you may knowH3045
They are allH3605
HCHNcmsathey are allH3605
HVqp3msby the fire;H784
HRdHNcmsafor the wickedH7451
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved