1. Thus says the LORD to the sons of Ammon, “Has Israel no sons? Or has he no heir? Why does Malcam take possession of Gad, and his people dwell in his cities?
2.Therefore, behold, the days come,”says the LORD,”that I will cause an alarm of war to be heard against Rabbah of the sons of Ammon. And it shall become a desolate heap of ruins, and her outlying villages shall be burned with fire. Then Israel shall drive out those who drove him out,”says the LORD.
3. “Wail, O Heshbon; Ai is spoiled! Cry, daughters of Rabbah; clothe yourselves with sackcloth, mourn, and run to and fro inside the walls! For Malcam shall go into exile; his priests and his rulers together.
4. Why do you glory in your valley, your flowing valleys, O backsliding daughter? She trusted in her treasures, saying, ‘Who shall come to attack me?’
5. Behold, I will bring a terror upon you,” says the Lord GOD of hosts, “from all those who are around you. And you shall be driven out, each man straight before him; and there shall be none to gather up the fugitives.
6. And afterward I will bring back the children of Ammon from exile,” says the LORD.
7. Thus says the LORD of hosts to Edom, “Is wisdom no more in Teman? Has counsel perished from the prudent? Has their wisdom vanished?
8. Flee, turn back, dwell in the depths, O people of Dedan. For I will bring the calamity of Esau on him in the time that I will punish him.
9. If the gatherers of grapes come to you, would they not leave some gleaning grapes? If thieves come by night, they will destroy only until they have enough.
10. But I have made Esau bare; I have uncovered his secret places, and he shall not be able to hide himself. His children are destroyed, and his brothers, and his neighbors, and he is no more.
11. Leave your fatherless children; I will keep them alive; and let your widows trust in Me.”
12. For thus says the LORD, “Behold, if those who do not deserve to drink the cup must drink it, why should you go unpunished? You shall not go unpunished, but you shall surely drink.
13. For I have sworn by Myself,” says the LORD, “that Bozrah shall become a desolation, a reproach, a waste, and a curse. And all its cities shall be perpetual wastes.”
14. I have heard a message from the LORD, and a herald is sent to the nations, saying, “Gather together and come against her, and rise up to the battle.
15. For lo, I will make you small among the nations, despised among men.
16. The terror you inspire and the pride of your heart have deceived you, O you who dwell in the clefts of the rock, who hold the height of the hill. Though you should make your nest as high as the eagle, I will bring you down from there,” says the LORD.
17. “Also Edom shall be a desolation. Everyone who goes by it shall be amazed and shall hiss at all its plagues.
18. As in the overthrow of Sodom and Gomorrah and her neighbors,” says the LORD, “no man shall remain there, nor shall a son of man live in it.
19. Behold, he shall come up like a lion from the thickets of the Jordan against the home of the strong. But I will suddenly make him run away from her. And whoever is chosen, will I appoint over it? For who is like Me? And who will summon Me? And who is that shepherd who is able to stand against Me?
20. Therefore hear the counsel of the LORD which He has taken against Edom, and His purposes which He has purposed against the people of Teman: Surely the least of the flock shall drag them away. Surely He will make their pasture desolate because of them.
21. The earth quakes at the noise of their fall; the sound of her cry was heard at the Red Sea.
22. Behold, like an eagle he will soar and swoop down and spread his wings against Bozrah. And in that day the heart of the mighty men of Edom shall be like the heart of a woman in her pangs.
23. Concerning Damascus: Hamath and Arpad are put to shame, for they have heard evil reports. They are melted away; there is trouble in the sea; it cannot be quiet.
24. Damascus has become feeble; she has turned to flee, and trembling has seized her. Anguish and sorrows have taken her like a woman in labor.
25. How is the city of praise left unrepaired, the city of my joy!
26. So her young men shall fall in her streets, and all the men of war shall be silenced in that day,” says the LORD of hosts.
27. “And I will kindle a fire in the wall of Damascus, and it shall burn up the palaces of Ben-Hadad.
28. Thus says the LORD concerning Kedar, and concerning the kingdoms of Hazor, which Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon shall strike, “Arise, go up to Kedar, and spoil the men of the east.
29. They shall take away their tents and their flocks. They shall take their curtains, and all their vessels, and their camels to themselves. And they shall cry to them, ‘Fear is on every side.’
30. Flee, go far away, go deep to dwell; O people of Hazor,” says the LORD; “for Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon has taken counsel against you, and has plotted a plan against you.
31. Arise, go up to the nation that is at ease, who dwells securely,” says the LORD, “which has neither gates nor bars, which dwells alone.
32. And their camels shall be a prize, and the multitude of their livestock a prey. And I will scatter them unto all winds, those who are in the farthest corners. And I will bring their calamity from all sides of it,” says the LORD.
33. “And Hazor shall be a dwelling for jackals and a desolation forever. No man shall live there, nor any son of man dwell in it.”
34. The Word of the LORD that came to Jeremiah the prophet against Elam in the beginning of the reign of Zedekiah king of Judah, saying,
35. “Thus says the LORD of hosts, ‘Behold, I will break the bow of Elam, the chief of their might.
36. And I will bring the four winds from the four quarters of heaven upon Elam, and will scatter them toward all these winds. And there shall be no nation where the outcasts of Elam shall not come.
37. For I will cause Elam to be afraid before their enemies and before those who seek their life. And I will bring evil on them, even My fierce anger,’ says the LORD. ‘And I will send the sword after them until I have destroyed them;
38. And I will set My throne in Elam, and will destroy the king and the princes from there,’ says the LORD.
39. ‘But it shall be in the latter days, I will bring back the exiles of Elam,’ says the LORD.”
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved