1. Thus says the LORD to the sons of Ammon, “Has Israel no sons? Or has he no heir? Why does Malcam take possession of Gad, and his people dwell in his cities?
2.Therefore, behold, the days come,”says the LORD,”that I will cause an alarm of war to be heard against Rabbah of the sons of Ammon. And it shall become a desolate heap of ruins, and her outlying villages shall be burned with fire. Then Israel shall drive out those who drove him out,”says the LORD.
3. “Wail, O Heshbon; Ai is spoiled! Cry, daughters of Rabbah; clothe yourselves with sackcloth, mourn, and run to and fro inside the walls! For Malcam shall go into exile; his priests and his rulers together.
4. Why do you glory in your valley, your flowing valleys, O backsliding daughter? She trusted in her treasures, saying, ‘Who shall come to attack me?’
5. Behold, I will bring a terror upon you,” says the Lord GOD of hosts, “from all those who are around you. And you shall be driven out, each man straight before him; and there shall be none to gather up the fugitives.
6. And afterward I will bring back the children of Ammon from exile,” says the LORD.
7. Thus says the LORD of hosts to Edom, “Is wisdom no more in Teman? Has counsel perished from the prudent? Has their wisdom vanished?
8. Flee, turn back, dwell in the depths, O people of Dedan. For I will bring the calamity of Esau on him in the time that I will punish him.
9. If the gatherers of grapes come to you, would they not leave some gleaning grapes? If thieves come by night, they will destroy only until they have enough.
10. But I have made Esau bare; I have uncovered his secret places, and he shall not be able to hide himself. His children are destroyed, and his brothers, and his neighbors, and he is no more.
11. Leave your fatherless children; I will keep them alive; and let your widows trust in Me.”
12. For thus says the LORD, “Behold, if those who do not deserve to drink the cup must drink it, why should you go unpunished? You shall not go unpunished, but you shall surely drink.
13. For I have sworn by Myself,” says the LORD, “that Bozrah shall become a desolation, a reproach, a waste, and a curse. And all its cities shall be perpetual wastes.”
14. I have heard a message from the LORD, and a herald is sent to the nations, saying, “Gather together and come against her, and rise up to the battle.
15. For lo, I will make you small among the nations, despised among men.
16. The terror you inspire and the pride of your heart have deceived you, O you who dwell in the clefts of the rock, who hold the height of the hill. Though you should make your nest as high as the eagle, I will bring you down from there,” says the LORD.
17. “Also Edom shall be a desolation. Everyone who goes by it shall be amazed and shall hiss at all its plagues.
18. As in the overthrow of Sodom and Gomorrah and her neighbors,” says the LORD, “no man shall remain there, nor shall a son of man live in it.
19. Behold, he shall come up like a lion from the thickets of the Jordan against the home of the strong. But I will suddenly make him run away from her. And whoever is chosen, will I appoint over it? For who is like Me? And who will summon Me? And who is that shepherd who is able to stand against Me?
20. Therefore hear the counsel of the LORD which He has taken against Edom, and His purposes which He has purposed against the people of Teman: Surely the least of the flock shall drag them away. Surely He will make their pasture desolate because of them.
21. The earth quakes at the noise of their fall; the sound of her cry was heard at the Red Sea.
22. Behold, like an eagle he will soar and swoop down and spread his wings against Bozrah. And in that day the heart of the mighty men of Edom shall be like the heart of a woman in her pangs.
23. Concerning Damascus: Hamath and Arpad are put to shame, for they have heard evil reports. They are melted away; there is trouble in the sea; it cannot be quiet.
24. Damascus has become feeble; she has turned to flee, and trembling has seized her. Anguish and sorrows have taken her like a woman in labor.
25. How is the city of praise left unrepaired, the city of my joy!
26. So her young men shall fall in her streets, and all the men of war shall be silenced in that day,” says the LORD of hosts.
27. “And I will kindle a fire in the wall of Damascus, and it shall burn up the palaces of Ben-Hadad.
28. Thus says the LORD concerning Kedar, and concerning the kingdoms of Hazor, which Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon shall strike, “Arise, go up to Kedar, and spoil the men of the east.
29. They shall take away their tents and their flocks. They shall take their curtains, and all their vessels, and their camels to themselves. And they shall cry to them, ‘Fear is on every side.’
30. Flee, go far away, go deep to dwell; O people of Hazor,” says the LORD; “for Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon has taken counsel against you, and has plotted a plan against you.
31. Arise, go up to the nation that is at ease, who dwells securely,” says the LORD, “which has neither gates nor bars, which dwells alone.
32. And their camels shall be a prize, and the multitude of their livestock a prey. And I will scatter them unto all winds, those who are in the farthest corners. And I will bring their calamity from all sides of it,” says the LORD.
33. “And Hazor shall be a dwelling for jackals and a desolation forever. No man shall live there, nor any son of man dwell in it.”
34. The Word of the LORD that came to Jeremiah the prophet against Elam in the beginning of the reign of Zedekiah king of Judah, saying,
35. “Thus says the LORD of hosts, ‘Behold, I will break the bow of Elam, the chief of their might.
36. And I will bring the four winds from the four quarters of heaven upon Elam, and will scatter them toward all these winds. And there shall be no nation where the outcasts of Elam shall not come.
37. For I will cause Elam to be afraid before their enemies and before those who seek their life. And I will bring evil on them, even My fierce anger,’ says the LORD. ‘And I will send the sword after them until I have destroyed them;
38. And I will set My throne in Elam, and will destroy the king and the princes from there,’ says the LORD.
39. ‘But it shall be in the latter days, I will bring back the exiles of Elam,’ says the LORD.”
HNpto the sonsH1121
HTiHNcmpaOr has heHl
HNpand his peopleH5971
HVqp3msin his cities?H5892
HNp"that I will cause an alarmH8643
HNcfsato be heardH8085
HNpof the sonsH1121
HNpAnd it shall becomeH1961
HCHVqq3fsa desolate heapH8510
HNcfsaand her outlying villagesH1323
HCHNcfpcHSp3fsshall be burnedH3341
HNpshall drive outH3423
HTothose who drove him out,"H3423
HVqv2fpyourselves with sackcloth,H8242
HVqv2fpand run to and froH7751
HCHVrv2fpinside the walls!H1448
HNcmpcHSp3msand his rulersH8269
HTido you gloryH1984
HVti2fsin your valley,H6010
HTdHVqrfsain her treasures,H214
HVqi3msto attack me?'H413
HTmHSp1csI will bringH935
HRHNcmscthose who are around you.H5439
HNcbpcHSp2fsAnd you shall be driven out,H5080
HNcmsastraight before him;H6440
HRHNcbpcHSp3msand there shall be noneH369
HCHTnto gather upH6908
HVqp3fsfrom the prudent?H995
HRHVqrmpaHas their wisdomH2451
HRHVqcin the depths,H6009
HCI will bringH935
HNcbsathatI will punish him.H6485
HCthe gatherers of grapesH1219
HRHSp2fswould they notH3808
HRdHNcmsathey will destroyH7843
HVhp3cponlyuntil they have enough.H1767
HTohave made EsauH6215
HVqp1csI have uncoveredH1540
HTohis secret places,H4565
HNcmpcHSp3msand he shall notH3808
HVqi3msto hide himself.H2247
HVPp3msand his brothers,H251
HCHNcmpcHSp3msand his neighbors,H7934
HCHAampcHSp3msand he is no more.H369
HTmif those whoH834
HVqi3mpit, why should youH859
HVNi2msYou shall notH3808
HCyou shall surelyH8354
HCI have swornH7650
HRHNcmsaand a curse.H7045
I have heardH8085
HNpand a heraldH6735
HVqsmsato the nations,H1471
HRdHNcmpasaying, "Gather togetherH6908
HRHSp3fsand rise upH6965
HCHVqv2mpto the battle.H4421
The terror youH8606
HNcfscHSp2msinspire and the prideH2087
HNcmscof your heartH3820
HToHSp2fsO you who dwellH7931
HVqrmscin the cleftsH2288
HRHNcmpcof the rock,H5553
HNcmscof the hill.H1389
HCyou should make your nestH7064
HVhi2msas the eagle,H5404
HRdHNcmsaI will bring you downH3381
HRHSp3fsshall be amazedH8074
HVqi3msand shall hissH8319
As in the overthrowH4114
HCHNpand her neighbors,"H7934
HCHTnshall a sonH1121
HTmhe shall come upH5927
HVqi3mslike a lionH738
HRHNcmsafrom the thicketsH1347
HRHNcmscof the JordanH3383
HNcbscof the strong.H386
HCI will suddenlyH7280
HVhh1csmake him run awayH7323
HVQsmsawill I appointH6485
HCHTiwill summon Me?H3259
HTris able to standH5975
HNcfscof the LORDH3068
HTrHe has takenH3289
HNpand His purposesH4284
HTrHe has purposedH2803
HAampcof the flockH6629
HTdHNcbsashall drag them away.H5498
HTnHe will make their pastureH5116
HVhi3msbecause of them.H5921
HVqp3fsat the noiseH6963
HRHNcmscof their fall;H5307
HNcmscHSp3fsof her cryH6818
HVNp3msat the RedH5488
HTmlike an eagleH5404
HRdHNcmsahe will soarH5927
HVqi3msand swoop downH1675
HNpAnd in thatH1931
HNcmscof the mighty menH1368
HCHVqq3mslike the heartH3820
HRHNcmscof a womanH802
HNcfsain her pangs.H6887
HCHNpare put to shame,H954
HCthey have heardH8085
HNcfsaThey are melted away;H4127
HVNp3cpthere is troubleH1674
HNcfsain the sea;H3220
HNphas become feeble;H7503
HVqp3fsshe has turnedH6437
HVqp3fsHSp3fsherlike a woman in labor.H3205
HRHDher young menH970
HVqi3mpin her streets,H7339
HTdHNcfsashall be silencedH1826
HRHNpand concerning the kingdomsH4467
HNcmpcof the east.H6924
They shall take awayH3947
HNcmpcHSp3mpand their flocks.H6629
HCHNcbscHSp3mpThey shall takeH5375
HNcmpcHSp3mpand their camelsH1581
HRHSp3mpAnd they shall cryH7121
HNcmsaison every side.'H5439
HNphas taken counselH6098
HRHSp2mpand has plottedH2803
HNcmsathat is at ease,H7961
And their camelsH1581
HRHNcmsaand the multitudeH1995
HCHNcmscof their livestockH4735
HRHNcmsaAnd I will scatter themH2219
HNcbsathose who are in the farthestH7112
HNcfsaAnd I will bringH935
HCHRHNcmscsides of it,"H5676
HNcmscof the LORDH3068
HNpin the beginningH7225
HRHNcfscof the reignH4438
HNcfscof their might.H1369
And I will bringH935
HNpand will scatter themH2219
HToFor I will cause ElamH5867
HNpto be afraidH2865
HCHRHNcbpcthose who seekH1245
HNcbscHSp3mpAnd I will bringH935
HToeven My fierceH2740
HNp'And I will sendH7971
HRI have destroyedH3615
Copyright © 2023 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved