1. Thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, against Moab, “Woe to Nebo, for it is ravaged! Kirjathaim is shamed and captured. The fortress is shamed and razed.
2. There shall be no more praise of Moab. In Heshbon they have plotted evil against it, saying, ‘Come and let us cut it off from being a nation.’ Also you shall be silenced, O madmen; the sword shall pursue you.
3. A voice of crying shall be heard from Horonaim, ‘Plundering and great destruction.’
4. Moab is destroyed; her little ones have caused a cry to be heard.
5. For by the ascent of Luhith with continual weeping they shall go up; for in the going down of Horonaim they have heard the anguish cry of destruction.
6. Flee, save your lives, and be like a juniper in the wilderness.
7. For, because you have trusted in your works and in your treasures, you shall also be captured. And Chemosh shall go into exile with his priests and his rulers.
8. And the destroyer shall come upon every city, and no city shall escape. Also the valley shall perish, and the plain shall be destroyed, as the LORD has spoken.
9. Give wings to Moab so that it may flee and get away; for its cities shall be desolate, without an inhabitant in them.
10. Cursed is he who does the work of the LORD deceitfully, and cursed is he who keeps back his sword from blood.
11. Moab has been at ease from his youth, and he has settled on his lees and has not been emptied from vessel to vessel, nor has he gone into exile. Therefore his taste remained in him, and his scent is not changed.
12. Therefore behold, the days come,” says the LORD, “that I will send pourers to him, who shall tilt him up, and they shall empty his vessels and shatter their jars.
13. And Moab shall be ashamed of Chemosh, as the house of Israel was ashamed of Bethel their hope.
14. How do you say, ‘We are mighty and strong men for war’?
15. Moab is plundered and men have come up to her cities. And his chosen young men have gone down to the slaughter,” says the King Whose name is the LORD of hosts.
16. “The calamity of Moab is near to come, and his affliction hurries fast.
17. All of you who are around him, mourn for him. And all of you who know his name, say, ‘How the strong scepter is broken, the glorious staff!’
18. O daughter who dwells in Dibon, come down from your glory and sit in thirst. For the destroyer of Moab shall come upon you; he shall destroy your strongholds.
19. O dweller of Aroer, stand by the way and watch. Ask him who flees and her who escapes; say, ‘What is happening?’
20. Moab is put to shame, for it is broken down. Howl and cry! Tell it in Arnon that Moab is stripped.
21. And judgment has come on the plain country; on Holon, and on Jahzah, and on Mephaath,
22. And on Dibon, and on Nebo, and on Beth Diblathaim,
23. And on Kirjathaim, and on Beth Gamul, and on Beth Meon,
24. And on Kerioth, and on Bozrah, and on all the cities of the land of Moab, far or near.
25. The horn of Moab is cut off, and his arm is broken,” says the LORD.
26. “Make him drunk, for he magnified himself against the LORD. Moab also shall wallow in his vomit, and he also shall be a mockery.
27. For was not Israel a mockery to you? Was he found among thieves? For as often as you speak of him, you shake your head in scorn.
28. O you who dwell in Moab, leave the cities and live in the rocks, and be like the dove making her nest in the sides of the mouth of the pit.
29. We have heard the pride of Moab (he is exceedingly proud), his loftiness, and his pride, and his arrogance, and his elevated heart.”
30. “I know his wrath,” says the LORD, “but it is futile; idle boasts accomplish nothing.
31. So I will wail for Moab, and I will cry out for all Moab, and shall mourn for the men of Kir Heres.
32. O vine of Sibmah, I will weep for you with the weeping of Jazer. Your plants have gone over the sea; they reach to the sea of Jazer. A destroyer has fallen on your summer fruits and on your grape crop.
33. And joy and gladness is taken from the plentiful field, and from the land of Moab. And I have caused wine to fail from the winepresses; none shall tread the grapes with shouting; their shouting shall not be joyful shouting.
34. From the cry of Heshbon to Elealeh, and to Jahaz, they have uttered their voice, from Zoar to Horonaim, like a heifer three years old. For the waters of Nimrim also shall be desolate.
35. And, I will cause him who offers sacrifices in the high places to cease in Moab,” says the LORD, “and him who burns incense to his gods.
36. Therefore my heart shall sound for Moab like pipes, and my heart shall sound like pipes for the men of Kir Heres because the riches that he has gotten have perished.
37. For every head shall be bald, and every beard clipped. On all the hands shall be cuttings and on the loins sackcloth.
38. On all the housetops of Moab, and in its streets, there is weeping everywhere. For I have broken Moab like a vessel in which is no pleasure,” says the LORD.
39. “They shall howl, saying, ‘How is it broken down! How has Moab turned the back with shame!’ So Moab shall become a derision, and a dismay to all those around him.”
40. For thus says the LORD, “Behold, he shall fly like an eagle and shall spread his wings over Moab.
41. Kerioth is taken, and the strongholds are seized; and the mighty men’s hearts in Moab shall be at that day like the heart of a woman in her pangs.
42. And Moab shall be destroyed from being a people because he has magnified himself against the LORD.
43. Terror, and the pit and the snare, shall be on you, O Moabite,” says the LORD.
44. “He who flees from the terror shall fall into the pit; and he who goes up out of the pit shall be taken in the snare. For I will bring upon it, even upon Moab, the year of their judgment,” says the LORD.
45. “In the shadow of Heshbon, the fugitives stand without strength, and a flame out of the midst of Sihon, and shall devour the foreheads of Moab and the noisy boasters.
46. Woe to you, O Moab! The people of Chemosh perish; for your sons are taken away into exile, and your daughters into captivity.
47. But I will turn back the captivity of Moab in the latter days,” says the LORD. Thus far is the judgment of Moab.
HCit is ravaged!H7703
There shall benoH369
HRHNpthey have plottedH2803
HVqv2mpand let us cut it offH3772
HCHVhh1cpHSp3fsfrom beinga nation.'H1471
HTayou shall be silenced,H1826
HCby the ascentH4608
HRHNcmsathey shall go up;H5927
HCin the going downH4174
HNpthey have heardH8085
HCyou have trustedH982
HVqcHSp2fsin your worksH4639
HRHNcmpcHSp2fsand in your treasures,H214
HNcmpcHSp3msand his rulers.H8269
And the destroyerH7703
HVNi3fsAlso the valleyH6010
HCHVqq3msand the plainH4334
HTdHNcmsashall be destroyed,H8045
HCit may fleeH5323
HVqaand get away;H3318
HVqi3fsfor its citiesH5892
HVqsmsaishe who doesH6213
HNcfscof the LORDH3068
HCHVqsmsaishe who keeps backH4513
HNphas been at easeH7599
HVkp3msfrom his youth,H5271
HNcmpcHSp3msand has notH3808
HCHTnhas he goneH1980
HRHSp3msand his scentH7381
HNp"that I will sendH7971
HRHSp3mswho shall tilt him up,H6808
HCHVpq3cpHSp3msand they shall emptyH7324
HVPp3msand men have come upH5927
HVqp3msto her cities.H5892
HCHNcfpcHSp3fsAnd his chosenH4005
HNcmpcHSp3mshave gone downH3381
HVqp3cpto the slaughter,"H2874
HNcmscof you who are around him,H5439
HCHNcmscof you who knowH3045
HVqv2fsfrom your gloryH3519
HRHSp2fshe shall destroyH7843
HVqv2fshim who fleesH5127
HVqrmsaand her who escapes;H4422
HNpis put to shame,H3001
HCit is broken down.H2865
HVhv2mpit in ArnonH769
"Make him drunk,H7937
HCHVqq3msin his vomit,H6892
HRHNcmscHSp3msand he also shall beH1961
HRHSp2msWas he foundH4672
HCas often asH1767
HRHSp3msyou shake your head in scorn.H5110
O you who dwellH3427
HCHVqv2mpin the rocks,H5553
HCHVqv2mplike the doveH3123
HRHNcfsamaking her nestH7077
HVpi3fsin the sidesH5676
HRHNcmpcof the mouthH6310
HNcmscof the pit.H6354
We have heardH8085
HNp(he is exceedinglyH3966
HNcmscHSp3msand his pride,H1347
HCHNcmscHSp3msand his arrogance,H1346
HCHNcfscHSp3msand his elevatedH7312
HNp"but it is futile;H3808
HTmI will wailH3213
HNpand I will cry outH2199
HCHRHNpand shall mournH1897
HNcmpcof Kir Heres.H7025
HNpI will weepH1058
HRHSp2fswith the weepingH1065
HNcfpcHSp2fshave gone overH5674
HRyour summer fruitsH7019
HCHRyour grape crop.H1210
HCHVNp3fsfrom the plentiful field,H3759
HRHNcmsaand from the landH776
HNpAnd I have caused wineH3196
HVhp1csfrom the winepresses;H3342
HVqi3msthe grapeswith shouting;H1959
From the cryH2201
HNpthey have utteredH5414
HNpthree years old.H7992
And, I will cause him who offersH5927
HVhrmsasacrificesin the high placesH1116
HNp"and him who burns incenseH6999
HCHVhrmsato his gods.H430
HRHNcmpaand my heartH3820
HNcmpcof Kir HeresH7025
HNcfscthathe has gottenH6213
HNpand in its streets,H7339
HCHRHNcfpcHSp3fsthere is weepingH4553
HCI have brokenH7665
HNplike a vesselH3627
"They shall howl,H3213
HTiis it broken down!H2865
HRHNcmsaand a dismayH4288
HCHRHNcfsato all thoseH3605
HVNp3fsand the strongholdsH4679
HVNp3fsand the mighty men'sH1368
HRdHNcmsalike the heartH3820
HRHNcmscof a womanH802
HNcfsain her pangs.H6887
"He who fleesH5127
HTdHNcmsaand he who goes upH5927
HTdHNcmsashall be takenH3920
HVNi3msin the snare.H6341
HCI will bringH935
HNcfscof their judgment,"H6486
"In the shadowH6738
HNpand shall devourH398
HNcmpcHSp2msare taken awayH3947
HRdHNcbsaand your daughtersH1323
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved