1. The Word of the LORD that came to Jeremiah the prophet against the Philistines, before Pharaoh struck Gaza.
2. Thus says the LORD, “Behold, waters rise up out of the north, and shall be an overflowing flood, and shall overflow the land and all its fullness; the city and those who dwell in it. And the men shall cry, and all the people of the land shall howl.
3. At the noise of the stamping of the hooves of his strong horses, at the rushing of his chariots, the rumbling of his wheels, the fathers shall not look back to their sons because of feebleness of hands;
4. Because of the day that comes to plunder all the Philistines and to cut off from Tyre and Sidon every survivor who helps. For the LORD will plunder the Philistines, the rest of the remnant of the coastland of Caphtor.
5. Baldness has come on Gaza. Ashkelon is cut off with the remnant of their valley. How long will you cut yourself?
6. O sword of the LORD, how long will it be before you are quiet? Put yourself into your sheath; rest and be still.
7. How can it be quiet, since the LORD has given it a command? He has set it there against Ashkelon, and against the seashore.”
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved