1. The Word of the LORD which came to Jeremiah the prophet against the nations;
2. Against Egypt, against the army of Pharaoh Necho, king of Egypt, which was by the river Euphrates in Carchemish, which Nebuchadnezzar, king of Babylon, struck in the fourth year of Jehoiakim the son of Josiah, king of Judah.
3. “Set in order the buckler and shield, and draw near to battle.
4. Harness the horses, and mount the steeds. Yea, stand with helmets, polish the spears; put on body armor.
5. Why have I seen that they are afraid, turned backward? And their mighty ones are beaten down and have fled for refuge, and they do not look back. Terror is all around,” says the LORD.
6. “Do not let the swift flee away, nor the mighty man escape. They stumbled and fell in the north, by the side of the river Euphrates.
7. Who is this rising up like the Nile, like rivers of surging waters?
8. Egypt rises up like the Nile, and his waters surge about like the rivers. And he says, ‘I will go up and will cover the earth; I will destroy the city and its people.’
9. Come up, O horses; and rage, O chariots! And let the mighty men come forth; the Ethiopians and the Libyans who handle the shield, and the Lydians who handle and bend the bow.
10. For this is the day of the Lord GOD of hosts, a day of vengeance, that He may avenge Himself of His foes. And the sword shall devour, and it shall be filled and made drunk with their blood, for the Lord GOD of hosts has a sacrifice in the north country by the river Euphrates.
11. Go up into Gilead and take balm, O virgin, the daughter of Egypt. In vain shall you use many medicines, for you shall not be cured.
12. The nations have heard of your shame, and your cry has filled the land. For the mighty man has stumbled against the mighty, and they have both fallen together.”
13. The word spoken by the LORD to Jeremiah the prophet, of the coming of Nebuchadnezzar, king of Babylon, to strike the land of Egypt.
14. “Declare it in Egypt, and cry it in Migdol, and make it heard in Noph and in Tahpanhes. Say, ‘Stand fast and get ready, the sword shall devour all around you.’
15. Why are your mighty valiant men swept away? They did not stand because the LORD has thrust them down.
16. He made many fall; yea, one fell on top of another. And they said, ‘Arise, and let us go again to our own people and to the land of our birth, away from the oppressing sword.’
17. They cried there, ‘Pharaoh king of Egypt is but a big noise; he let pass the appointed time.’
18. As I live,” says the King Whose name is the LORD of hosts, “Surely as Tabor is among the mountains, and as Carmel is by the sea, so he shall come.
19. O daughter dwelling in Egypt, get ready to go into captivity. For Noph shall be waste and desolate without inhabitant.
20. Egypt is a beautiful heifer, but a gadfly from the north surely comes.
21. Also her hired ones are in her midst like calves of the stall; for they also have turned back, fleeing together. They did not stand because the day of their calamity had come on them, the time of their visitation.
22. Its sound is like that of a serpent as it goes, for they shall go in force and come against her with axes like woodcutters.
23. They shall cut down her forest,” says the LORD, “though it cannot be searched; because they are more numerous than the locusts and cannot be counted.
24. The daughter of Egypt shall be ashamed. She shall be delivered into the hand of the people of the north.”
25. The LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, says, “Behold, I will punish the multitude of No, and Pharaoh, and Egypt, with their gods and their kings; even Pharaoh and all who trust in him;
26. And I will deliver them into the hand of those who seek their lives, and into the hand of Nebuchadnezzar, king of Babylon, and into the hand of his servants. And afterward it will be inhabited, as in the days of old,” says the LORD.
27. “But do not fear, O My servant Jacob, and be not afraid, O Israel. For, behold, I will save you from afar off, and your seed from the land of their captivity. And Jacob shall return and be at rest and at ease, and none shall make him afraid.
28. Do not fear, O Jacob My servant,” says the LORD, “for I am with you. For I will make a full end of all the nations where I have driven you. But I will not make a full end of you, but correct you in measure; yet I will not leave you wholly unpunished.”
HNcmscof Pharaoh Necho,H6549
HVhp3msin the fourthH7243
HTihave I seenH7200
HNcmsaAnd their mighty onesH1368
HCHAampcHSp3mpare beaten downH3807
HVHi3mpand have fledH5127
HCHNcmsaand they do notH3808
HTnlet the swiftH7031
HCHTnthe mighty manH1368
HCHVqp3cpin the north,H6828
HNcbscof the riverH5104
HVqi3mslike the Nile,H2975
HRdHNpand his watersH4325
HVri3mpabout like the rivers.H5104
HCHRdHNcmpaAnd he says,H559
HCHVqw3ms'I will go upH5927
HNcbsaI will destroyH6
HNcfsaand its people.'H3427
HTdHNcmsaAnd let the mighty menH1368
HNpand the LibyansH6316
HNcbsaand the LydiansH3866
HCHTdHNcmsaof the LordH136
HNcfsathat He may avengeH5358
HRHVNcHimself of His foes.H6862
HRHNcmpcHSp3msAnd the swordH2719
HCHVqq3fsand it shall be filledH7646
HCHVqq3fsand made drunkH7301
HCHVqq3fswith their blood,H1818
HNcbpahas a sacrificeH2077
HNcmsain the northH6828
HRdHNcmsashall you use manyH7235
HVqp3cpof your shame,H7036
HNcmscHSp2fsand your cryH6682
HCthe mighty manH1368
HVqp3cpagainst the mighty,H1368
HRHAamsaandthey have bothH8147
HTdHNcmsaof the comingH935
HRHNpand make it heardH8085
HRHNpand in Tahpanhes.H8471
HVtv2msand get ready,H3559
HVqp3fsall around you.'H5439
He made manyH7235
HVqv2msHShand let us go againH7725
HRour own peopleH5971
HNcbscof our birth,H4138
HRHNpisamong the mountains,H2022
HRdHNcmpaand as CarmelH3760
HCHRHNpisby the sea,H3220
HRdHNcmsaso he shall come.H935
HRHSp2fsto go into captivity.H3627
HTaher hired onesH7916
HAampcHSp3fsarein her midstH7130
HRHNcmpcof the stall;H4770
HDhave turned back,H6437
HDThey did notH3808
HNcmscof their calamityH343
HNcbscof their visitation.H6486
HNcmscHSp3fsislike that of a serpentH5175
HRdHNcmsaas it goes,H3212
HCthey shall goH3212
They shall cut downH3772
HCthey are more numerousH7231
HVqp3cpthan the locustsH697
HTmHSp1csI will punishH6485
HCHRall who trustH982
And I will deliver themH5414
HCHVqq1csHSp3mpinto the handH3027
HRHNcbscof those who seekH1245
HNcbscHSp3mpand into the handH3027
HNpand into the handH3027
HCHRHNcbscof his servants.H5650
HDit will be inhabited,H7931
HVqi3fsas in the daysH3117
HVqj2msO My servantH5650
HTmHSp1cswill save youH3467
HVhrmscHSp2msfrom afar off,H7350
HRHAamsaand your seedH2233
HNcmscHSp2msfrom the landH776
HRHNcbscof their captivity.H7628
HCHVqq3msand be at restH8252
HCHVqq3msand at ease,H7599
HCHTnshall make him afraid.H2729
HCI will makeH6213
HVqi1csa full endH3617
HTrI have driven you.H5080
HDHSdBut I will notH3808
HVqi1csa full endH3617
HCHToHSp2msbut correct youH3256
HRdHNcmsayet I will notH3808
HTnleave you whollyH5352
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved