1. The word that Jeremiah the prophet spoke to Baruch the son of Neriah, when he had written these words in a book at the mouth of Jeremiah, in the fourth year of Jehoiakim the son of Josiah king of Judah, saying,
2. “Thus says the LORD, the God of Israel, to you, O Baruch,
3. ‘You said, “Woe is me now, for the LORD has added sorrow to my pain. I am weary with my groaning and I find no rest.” ‘
4. Thus you shall say to him, ‘The LORD says this, “Behold, what I have built I will break down, and that which I have planted I will pluck up, even all the land.
5. And do you seek great things for yourself? Do not seek them; for behold, I will bring evil upon all flesh,” says the LORD. “But I will give your life to you as a prize, in all places where you go.” ‘ ”
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved