1. “At that time,” says the LORD, “they shall bring out the bones of the kings of Judah, and the bones of its rulers, and the bones of the priests, and the bones of the prophets, and the bones of the people of Jerusalem, out of their graves.
2. And they shall spread them before the sun, and the moon, and all the host of the heavens, whom they have loved and whom they have served, and after whom they have walked, and whom they have sought, and whom they have worshiped. They shall not be gathered nor buried; they shall be as dung on the face of the earth.
3. And death shall be chosen rather than life by all the rest of those who remain of this evil family, who remain in all the places where I have driven them,” says the LORD of hosts.
4. “And you shall say to them, ‘Thus says the LORD; “Shall they fall and not arise? Shall one turn away and not repent?
5. Why has this people of Jerusalem slidden back by a never-ending backsliding? They hold fast to deceit; they refuse to repent.
6. I listened and heard, but they did not speak right; no man repented of his wickedness, saying, ‘What have I done?’ Everyone turned in their own courses,as the horse rushes into the battle.
7. Yea, the stork in heaven knows her appointed times; and the turtle and the crane and the swallow watch the time of their migration; but my people do not know the judgment of the LORD.
8. How do you say, ‘We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us’? Lo, certainly the lying pen of the scribes has written falsely.
9. The wise men are ashamed, they are terrified, and are captured. Lo, they have turned away from the Word of the LORD; and what wisdom is in them?
10. Therefore I will give their wives to others, and their fields to those who shall inherit them, for everyone from the least even to the greatest is given unto covetousness. From the prophet even to the priest everyone deals falsely.
11. For they have healed the hurt of the daughter of My people slightly, saying, ‘Peace, peace;’ when there is no peace.
12. Were they ashamed when they had committed an abomination? No, they were not at all ashamed, nor could they blush; therefore they shall fall among those who fall; in the time of their visitation they shall be cast down,” ’ ” says the LORD.
13. “I will utterly consume them,” says the LORD; “there shall be no grapes on the vine, nor figs on the fig tree, and the leaf shall fade; and the things that I have given them shall pass away from them.”
14. “Why do we sit still? Gather yourselves, and let us enter into the fortified cities, and let us perish there. For the LORD our God has doomed us and has given us poisonous water to drink because we have sinned against the LORD.
15. We looked for peace, but no good came; and for a time of health, but behold, trouble!
16. The snorting of his horses was heard from Dan; the whole land trembled at the sound of the neighing of his stallions. For they have come, and have devoured the land, and all that is in it; the city, and those who live in it.”
17. “For, behold, I will send serpents and vipers among you, which will not be charmed; and they shall bite you,” says the LORD.
18. When I would comfort myself against sorrow, even my heart is faint within me.
19. Behold the voice of the cry of the daughter of my people from a far country: “Is not the LORD in Zion? Is not her King in her?” “Why have they provoked Me with their graven images, with strange vanities?”
20. “The harvest is past, the summer is ended, and we are not saved.”
21. For the shattering of the daughter of my people have I been shattered (in heart). I mourn, dismay has taken hold of me.
22. Is there no balm in Gilead? Is there no physician there? Why then has the healing of the daughter of My people not come?
HNp"they shall bring outH3318
HNcfpcof the kingsH4428
HNcfpcof its rulers,H8269
HNcfpcof the priests,H3548
HNcfpcof the prophets,H5030
HNcfpcof the peopleH3427
HNpout of their graves.H6913
And they shall spread themH7849
HCHVqq3cpHSp3mpbefore the sun,H8121
HRdHNcbsaand the moon,H3394
HNcbscof the heavens,H8064
HTrthey have lovedH157
HCHTrthey have served,H5647
HCHTrthey have walked,H1980
HCHTrthey have sought,H1875
HVvp3cpThey shall notH3808
HVNi3mpthey shall beH1961
HNcbpcof the earth.H127
HNcmsashall be chosenH977
HCHVNq3msrather than lifeH2416
HTdHNcfsaof those who remainH7604
HTrI have driven them,"H5080
"And you shall sayH559
HNp"Shall they fallH5307
HCone turn awayH7725
HNcfsaThey hold fastH2388
HCHVqw1csbutthey did notH3808
HTihave I done?'H6213
HVqrmsain their own courses,H4794
HRHNcfscHSp3mpas the horseH5483
HVqrmsainto the battle.H4421
HVqp3fsher appointed times;H4150
HNcmpcHSp3fsand the turtleH8449
HCHNcbsaand the craneH5483
HCHNcmsaand the swallowH5693
HNcbscof their migration;H935
HVqcHSp3fpbut my peopleH5971
HNcmscof the LORD.H3068
HTido you say,H559
HAampaand the lawH8451
HCHNcfscof the LORDH3068
HNcmscof the scribesH5608
The wise menH2450
HVhp3cpthey are terrified,H2865
HVqp3cpand are captured.H3920
HTmthey have turned awayH3988
HVqp3cpfrom the WordH1697
HRHNcmscof the LORD;H3068
HRHDI will giveH5414
HNcmpcHSp3mpto those who shall inheritH3423
HNcmscHSp3msfrom the leastH6996
HNcmsaFrom the prophetH5030
For they have healedH7495
HNcmscof the daughterH1323
HNcfscof My peopleH5971
HNcmsawhen there is noH369
Were they ashamedH3001
HCthey had committedH6213
HTathey were notH3808
HRHDthey shall fallH5307
HVqi3mpamong those who fall;H5307
HRdHVqrmpain the timeH6256
HRHNcbscof their visitationH6486
HNcfscHSp3mpthey shall be cast down,"’H3782
"I will utterlyH622
HNp"there shall be noH369
HNcmpaon the vine,H1612
HNcfpaon the fig tree,H8384
HRdHNcfsaand the leafH5929
HVqp3msand the things that I have givenH5414
HRHSp3mpshall pass away from them."H5674
HVNv2mpand let us enterH935
HNcfpcand let us perishH1826
HNcmpcHSp1cphas doomed usH1826
HVhp3msHSp1cpand has given us poisonousH7219
HCwe have sinnedH2398
HVqp1cpagainst the LORD.H3068
HNcfscof his horsesH5483
HRHNpthe whole landH776
HVqp3fsat the soundH6963
HRHNcmscof the neighingH4684
HNcfpcof his stallions.H47
HAampcHSp3msFor they have come,H935
HCHVqw3mpand have devouredH398
HNcmscthat is in it;H4393
HNcfsaand those who liveH3427
HTmHSp1csI will sendH7971
HNcmsaand they shall biteH5391
HNcmscof the cryH7775
HNcfscof the daughterH1323
HNcfscof my peopleH5971
HNcmscHSp1csfrom a farH4801
HTihave they provoked MeH3707
HVhp3cpHSp1cswith their graven images,H6456
HNcmscof the daughterH1323
HNcfscof my peopleH5971
HNcmscHSp1cshave I been shatteredH7665
HVHp1cs(in heart). I mourn,H6937
HNcfsahas taken hold of me.H2388
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved