1. And Job answered and said,
2. “For truly you are no doubt the people, and wisdom will die with you.
3. But I have understanding as well as you; I am not inferior to you; yea, who does not know such things as these?
4. I am as one who is a laughingstock to my friends; a man who called upon God, and He answered him; the just, the innocent one is laughed to scorn;
5. Those who are at ease have contempt for misfortune; as it is ready for those whose feet slip.
6. The tabernacles of robbers prosper, and those who provoke God are secure, in whatever God brings into their hand.
7. But now ask the animals, and they shall teach you; and the birds of the air, and they shall tell you;
8. Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach you; and the fish of the sea shall declare it to you;
9. Who of all these does not know that the hand of the LORD has done this?
10. In whose hand is the soul of every living thing, and the breath of all flesh, even of mankind?
11. Does not the ear try words? And does not the mouth taste its food?
12. With the ancient is wisdom, and understanding in length of days.
13. With Him is wisdom and strength; He has counsel and understanding.
14. Behold, if He tears down, no one can rebuild; if He shuts in a man, no one can open.
15. Behold, He withholds the waters, and they dry up; also He sends them out, and they inundate the earth.
16. With Him is strength and sound wisdom; the deceived and the deceiver are His.
17. He leads counselors away stripped, and makes the judges fools.
18. He loosens the bonds of kings, and binds their loins with a girdle.
19. He leads princes away stripped, and overthrows the mighty.
20. He silences the lips of trusted ones, and takes away the understanding of the elders.
21. He pours contempt upon princes, and unties the belt of the mighty.
22. He uncovers deep things out of darkness, and brings the shadow of death to light.
23. He gives greatness to the nations, and destroys them. He enlarges the nations, and leads them away.
24. He takes away the heart of the chief of the people of the earth, and causes them to wander in a wilderness where there is no path.
25. They grope in the dark without light, and He makes them to stagger like a drunken man.”
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved