1. “Lo, my eye has seen all this, my ear has heard and understood it.
2. What you know, I know also; I am not inferior to you.
3. Notwithstanding I would speak to the Almighty, and I desire to argue my case before God.
4. But you are forgers of lies; you are all worthless physicians.
5. Oh, that you would stop speaking entirely! And it would be your wisdom.
6. Hear now my reasoning, and listen to the pleadings of my lips.
7. Would you speak wickedly for God, and talk deceitfully for Him?
8. Will you show partiality for Him, or will you contend for God?
9. Is it good that He should search you out? Or as one man mocks another, do you mock Him?
10. He will surely blame you, if you secretly show respect of persons.
11. Shall not His excellency make you afraid, and His dread fall upon you?
12. Your lofty sayings are like proverbs of ashes, your bulwarks are like defenses of clay.
13. Be quiet. Let me alone so that I may speak, and let come upon me what may.
14. Why do I take my flesh in my teeth and put my life in my hand?
15. Though He slay me, I will trust in Him; but I will maintain my own ways before Him.
16. He also is my salvation, for a hypocrite shall not come before Him.
17. Listen carefully to my words, and to my declarations with your ears.
18. Behold now, I have set my cause in order; I know that I shall be justified.
19. Can anyone bring charges against me? If so, I will be silent and die.
20. Only do not do two things to me; then I will not hide myself from You.
21. Withdraw Your hand far from me, and let not Your dread terrify me.
22. Then call, and I will answer; or let me speak, and You answer me
23. How many are my iniquities and sins? Make me to know my transgression and my sin.
24. Why do You hide Your face, and reckon me as Your enemy?
25. Will You terrify a leaf driven to and fro? Will You pursue the dry stubble?
26. For You write bitter things against me, and make me to possess the sins of my youth.
27. You put my feet also in the stocks, and look closely to all my paths; You set a limit for the soles of my feet,
28. While I waste away like a rotten thing, like a garment that a moth has eaten.”
Listen carefully to my words, and to my declarations with your ears.
HNcfdcHSp1csalso in the stocks,H5465
HRdHNcmsaand look closelyH8104
HNcbpcHSp1csYou set a limitH2707
HNcmpcof my feet,H7272
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved