1. “Man born of woman is of few days, and full of trouble.
2. He comes forth like a flower, and withers; he also flees as a shadow, and does not stand.
3. And do You open Your eyes upon such a one, and bring me into judgment with You?
4. Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? No one!
5. For his days are fixed, the number of his months is with You, and You have set his limits so that he cannot pass;
6. Look away from him, so that he may rest until he shall finish his day, as a hireling.
7. For there is hope of a tree, if it is cut down, that it will sprout again, and its tender branch will not cease.
8. Though its root becomes old in the earth, and its stump dies in the ground,
9. Yet at the scent of water it will bud and bring forth branches like a plant.
10. But man dies and is cut off; and man expires, and where is he?
11. As the waters fail from the sea, and a river withers away and dries up,
12. So man lies down and does not rise. Till the heavens are no more, they shall not awake, nor be awakened out of their sleep.
13. O that You will grant that You would hide me in the grave, that You would keep me secret, until Your wrath is past, that You would set me a fixed time and remember me.
14. If a man die, shall he live again? All the days of my appointed time in the grave I will wait, until my change comes.
15. You shall call, and I will answer You; You shall have the desire for the work of Your hands.
16. For now You number my steps; but do You not watch over my sin?
17. My transgression is sealed up in a bag, and You heap up my iniquity.
18. And as surely as a falling mountain crumbles away, and the rock moves out of its place;
19. As the waters wear away the stones, and the outpouring of it washes the dust of the earth; so You destroy the hope of man.
20. You overpower him forever, and he passes; You change his countenance, and send him away.
21. His sons come to honor him, but he knows it not; they are brought low, but he does not perceive it.
22. But his flesh is pained within himself; and his soul mourns for himself.”
HNcmscof his monthsH2320
HRHSp2msand You have setH6213
HNcmpcHSp3msso that he cannotH3808
HNcfsaof a tree,H6086
HCit is cut down,H3772
HVNi3msthat it will sproutH2498
HCHDand its tender branchH3127
HVqp3msand does notH3808
HTnmore, they shall notH1115
HVNi3mpout of their sleep.H8142
HTiYou will grantH5414
HVqi3msthatYou would hide meH6845
HVhi2msHSp1csin the grave,H7585
HRHNpthat You would keep me secret,H5641
HVqcthat You would setH7896
HRHSp1csa fixed timeH2706
HNcmsaand remember me.H2142
HVqi3msshall he liveH2421
HNcmpcof my appointed timeH6635
HNcbscHSp1csin the graveI will wait,H3176
As the watersH4325
HNcfpaand the outpouring of itH5599
HNcmscof the earth;H776
HNcbsaso You destroyH6
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved