1. And Job answered and said,
2. “I have heard many such things. Miserable comforters are you all!
3. Is there no end to windy words? Or what provokes you that you should answer?
4. I also could speak as you do; if your soul were in my soul’s place. I could heap up words against you, and shake my head at you.
5. But I would strengthen you with my mouth, and the moving of my lips would assuage your grief.
6. Though I speak, my grief is not assuaged, and though I forbear speaking, in what way am I eased?
7. But now He has made me exhausted; You have made all my company desolate.
8. And You have shriveled me up, for it is a witness against me: and my leanness rises up in me, and it is seen in my face.
9. His anger has torn and assailed me; He gnashes upon me with His teeth; my enemy sharpens his eyes at me;
10. They have gaped upon me with their mouth; and have scornfully beaten me on the cheek; they gather themselves together against me.
11. God has delivered me to the ungodly; and turned me over into the hands of the wicked.
12. I was at ease, but He has dashed me in pieces; yea, He has also seized me by my neck and shaken me to pieces and set me up for His mark.
13. His archers hem me in; He splits my reins asunder, and does not spare; He pours out my gall upon the ground.
14. He breaks me with breach upon breach; He runs upon me like a giant.
15. I have sewed sackcloth on my skin and laid my horn in the dust.
16. My face is reddened from weeping, and on my eyelids is the shadow of death;
17. Though no injustice is in my hand, and also my prayer is pure.
18. Oh, earth, do not cover my blood, and let not my cry have a resting place.
19. Also now, behold, my witness is in heaven, and He who testifies of me is on high.
20. My friends scorn me; my eyes pour out tears to God.
21. Oh, that a man might plead with God, as a man pleads with his neighbor!
22. Only a few years will pass before I go on the journey of no return.”
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved