1. “My spirit is broken, my days are extinct, the grave is ready for me.
2. Are not mockers with me? Yea, my eye gazes upon their insults.
3. Please lay down a pledge for me with Yourself; who is he who will strike hands with me?
4. For You have hidden their heart from understanding; therefore You shall not lift them up.
5. He who denounces his friend for flattery, even the eyes of his children shall fail.
6. He has made me also a byword of the people; and I have become one in whose face they spit.
7. My eyes also are dim from grief; and all my members are like a shadow.
8. Upright men shall be amazed at this, and the innocent shall stir himself up against the godless.
9. The righteous also shall hold on to his way, and he who has clean hands grows stronger and stronger.
10. And now all of them, go away, and come again; for I cannot find one wise man among you.
11. My days are past, my purposes are broken off, even the thoughts of my heart.
12. They change night into day; the light is short because of darkness.
13. If I wait for the grave as my home, I have made my bed in the darkness;
14. I have said to corruption, ‘You are my father;’ to the worm, ‘My mother and my sister!’
15. And where then is my hope? And as for my hope, who shall see it?
16. They shall go down to the bars of the pit, when we rest together in the dust.”
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved