1. And again it came to pass on a day that the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD. And Satan also came among them to present himself before the LORD.
2. And the LORD said to Satan, “From where do you come?” And Satan answered the LORD and said, “From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.”
3. And the LORD said unto Satan, “Have you considered My servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a blameless and an upright man, one who fears God and turns away from evil? And still he is holding fast to his integrity, although you moved Me against him to destroy him without cause.”
4. And Satan answered the LORD and said, “Skin for skin, yea, all that a man has he will give for his life.
5. But indeed put forth Your hand now, and touch his bone and his flesh, and he will curse You to Your face.”
6. And the LORD said to Satan, “Behold, he is in your hand, but spare his life.”
7. And Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD and struck Job with sore boils from the sole of his foot to the top of his head.
8. And he took a broken piece of pottery to scrape himself with. And he sat down among the ashes.
9. And his wife said to him, “Do you still hold to your integrity? Curse God and die!”
10. But he said to her, “You speak as one of the foolish women speak. What? Shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil?” In all this Job did not sin with his lips.
11. Now when Job’s three friends heard of all this evil that had come upon him, and they each one came from his own place: Eliphaz the Temanite, and Bildad the Shuhite, and Zophar the Naamathite. For they had met together to come to mourn with him and to comfort him.
12. And when they lifted up their eyes afar off, and did not recognize him, they lifted up their voices and wept. And each one tore his robe, and they threw dust upon their heads toward heaven.
13. And they sat down with him upon the ground seven days and seven nights. And no one spoke a word to him, for they saw that his grief was very great.
And again it cameH935
HCHVqw3mson a dayH3117
HTdHNcmsathat the sonsH1121
HDcame among themH8432
And the LORDH3068
HCHVqw3ms"From going to and froH7751
HRHVqcin the earth,H776
HRdHNcbsaand from walking up and downH1980
And the LORDH3068
HTdHNcmsa"Have you consideredH7760
HCthere isnone like himH3644
HRHSp3msin the earth,H776
HAamsaand an uprightH3477
HNcmpaand turns awayH5493
HCHDHSp3mshe is holding fastH2388
HVhrmsato his integrity,H8538
HRHNcfscHSp3msalthough you moved MeH5496
HRHSp3msto destroy himH1104
HRdHNcmsahas he will giveH5414
HNcmscHSp3msand he willH518
HCHVqw3msfrom the presenceH6440
HNcbpcof the LORDH3068
HRHNcmsafrom the soleH3709
HRHNcfscof his footH7272
HCHRthe top of his head.H6936
But he saidH559
HAcfsaof the foolishH5036
HTaShall we receiveH6901
HTdHAamsaat the handH854
HCHToshall we notH3808
HVqp3mswith his lips.H8193
Now when Job'sH347
HTdHNcfsathat had comeH935
HRHSp3msand they each oneH376
HCHVqw3mpfrom his own place:H4725
HTdHNgmsaFor they had metH3259
HRHSp3msand to comfort him.H5162
And when they lifted upH5375
HRHAamsaoff, and did notH3808
HVhp3cpHSp3msthey lifted upH5375
HCHVqw3mpAnd each oneH376
HNcmscHSp3msand they threwH2236
And they sat downH3427
HRHSp3msupon the groundH776
HNcmpaAnd no oneH369
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved