1. And Eliphaz the Temanite answered and said,
2. “Can a man be profitable to God, or can a wise man be profitable to Him?
3. Is it any pleasure to the Almighty that you are righteous, or is it a gain to Him that you make your ways blameless?
4. Is it for your fear of Him that he reproves you, or that He enters into judgment with you?
5. Is not your wickedness great, and your iniquity without measure?
6. For you have taken a pledge from your brother for nothing, and stripped the naked of their clothing.
7. You have not given water to the weary to drink, and you have held back bread from the hungry.
8. But the earth belongs to the mighty man, and the honorable man lived in it.
9. You have sent widows away empty, and the arms of the fatherless have been broken.
10. Therefore snares are all around you, and sudden fear troubles you;
11. Or darkness, so that you cannot see; and a flood of waters covers you.
12. Is not God high in heaven? And behold the height of the stars, how high they are!
13. And you say, ‘What does God know? Can He judge through the dark cloud?
14. Clouds are a covering to Him, so that He does not see; and He walks on the circuit of heaven.’
15. Do you keep to the old way which wicked men have walked,
16. Who were cut down before their time, whose foundations were deluged by a flood?
17. Who said to God, ‘Depart from us! What can the Almighty do to them?’
18. Yet He filled their houses with good things; but the counsel of the wicked is far from me.
19. The righteous saw it, and were glad; and the innocent laughed them to scorn, saying,
20. ‘Truly our adversaries are cut down, and fire consumed their abundance.’
21. Now agree with Him, and be at peace, thereby good shall come to you.
22. Please receive the law from His mouth and lay up His words in your heart.
23. If you return to the Almighty, you shall be built up; you shall put away unrighteousness far from your tabernacles.
24. Then you shall lay up gold like dust, the gold of Ophir as the stones of the brooks.
25. Yea, the Almighty shall be your gold and you shall have plenty of silver.
26. For then you shall have your delight in the Almighty, and shall lift up your face to God.
27. You shall make your prayer to Him, and He shall hear you, and you shall pay your vows.
28. You shall also decree a thing, and it shall be fulfilled to you; and the light shall shine upon your ways.
29. When they cast you down, then you shall say, ‘A lifting up shall come!’ And He shall save the humble person.
30. He shall deliver even one who is not innocent, yea, you shall be delivered through the cleanness of your hands.”
Is itany pleasureH2656
HTiHNcmsato the AlmightyH7706
HCyou are righteous,H6663
HCHCis it a gainH1215
HCyou make your waysH1870
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved