1. And Job answered and said,
2. “Even today is my complaint bitter; my stroke is heavier than my groaning.
3. Oh, that I knew where I might find Him, that I might come even to His seat!
4. I would lay my cause before Him, and fill my mouth with arguments.
5. I would know the words which He would answer me, and understand what He would say to me.
6. Will He contend against me with His great power? No, surely He would give heed to me.
7. There the righteous might reason with Him; and I would be acquitted from my Judge forever.
8. Behold, I go forward, but He is not there; and backward, but I cannot see Him;
9. On the left hand, where He works, but I cannot behold Him. He turns to the right, but I cannot see Him.
10. But He knows the way that I take; when He has tried me, I shall come forth as gold.
11. My foot has held fast in His steps; I have kept His way, and have not turned aside;
12. Nor have I gone back from the commandment of His lips; I treasured up the words of His mouth more than my necessary food.
13. But He is of one mind, and who can turn Him? Yea, what He Himself desires, even that He does.
14. For He performs the thing that is appointed for me: and many such things are with Him.
15. Therefore I am terrified at His presence; when I consider, I am afraid of Him.
16. For God makes my heart weak, and the Almighty terrifies me;
17. Because I was not cut off by the darkness; nor by the thick darkness covering my face.”
HCHTnhave I gone backH4185
HVhi1csfrom the commandmentH4687
HNcfscof His lips;H8193
HVqp1csup the wordsH561
HNcmpcof His mouthH6310
HNcmscHSp3msmore than my necessaryH2706
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved