1. “Since times are not laid up by the Almighty, why do those who know Him not see His days?
2. They remove the landmarks; they seize flocks and feed on them.
3. They drive away the donkey of the fatherless; they take the widow’s ox for a pledge.
4. They turn the needy out of the way; the poor of the earth hide themselves together.
5. Behold, like wild donkeys in the desert, they go forth to their work, rising early for a prey. The wilderness yields food for them and for their children.
6. They reap his fodder in the field; and they glean the vineyard of the wicked.
7. They lodge the naked without clothing, and they have no covering in the cold.
8. They are wet with the showers of the mountains, and embrace the rock for lack of shelter.
9. They pluck the fatherless from the breast, and take a pledge from the poor.
10. They cause him to go naked without clothing, and they take away the sheaves from the hungry.
11. They press out oil among the olive rows; and they tread their winepresses, and still suffer thirst.
12. Men groan from out of the city, and the soul of the wounded cries out for help; yet God does not charge foolishness to them.
13. They are of those who rebel against the light; they know not His ways, nor stay in His paths.
14. The murderer rising with the dawn kills the poor and needy, and in the night he is as a thief.
15. And the eye of the adulterer waits for the twilight, saying, ‘No eye will see me;’ and he disguises his face.
16. In the dark they dig through houses, they shut themselves up in the daytime; they do not know the light.
17. For the morning is to them as the shadow of death; for they know the terrors of the shadow of death.
18. He is swift upon the waters; their portion is cursed in the earth; he turns not by the way of the vineyards.
19. Drought and heat eat up the snow waters; so does the grave those who have sinned.
20. The womb shall forget him; the worm shall feed sweetly on him; he shall be remembered no more; and wickedness shall be broken like a tree.
21. He ill-treats the women who bear no children; and does not do good for the widow.
22. He drags away the mighty with his power; he rises up, and no one is sure of life.
23. He gives them security, and they are supported; yet His eyes are on their ways.
24. They are exalted for a little while, but are gone and brought low; they are taken out of the way as all others, and are cut off like the heads of grain.
25. And if it is not so, who will make me a liar, and make my speech worth nothing?”
HNcmpain the desert,H4057
HRdHNcmsathey go forthH3318
HVqp3cpto their work,H6467
HVprmpcfor a prey.H2964
HNcbsafor them and for their children.H5288
HVqi3mpfrom out of the city,H5892
HRHNcfsaand the soulH5315
HCHNcbscof the woundedH2491
HAampacries out for help;H7768
HPp3mpare of thoseH1961
HRHVqrmpcagainst the light;H216
HVqp3cpin His paths.H5410
And the eyeH5869
HCHNcbscof the adultererH5003
HNcbsawill see me;'H7789
HVqi3fsHSp1csand he disguisesH7760
HVPi3fsin the earth;H776
HTnby the wayH1870
HNcbscof the vineyards.H3754
HNcmsashall forget him;H7911
HNcfsashall feed sweetly on him;H4988
HVqp3msHSp3mshe shall be rememberedH2142
HNcbsashall be brokenH7665
HCHVNw3fslike a tree.H6086
They are exaltedH7426
HVqp3cpfor a little while,H4592
HDbut are goneH369
HCHTnHSp3msand brought low;H4355
HCHVHq3cpthey are taken outH7092
HVNi3mpHSnof the way as allH3605
HRdHNcmsaothers, and are cut offH5243
HVqi3mplike the headsH7218
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved