1. But Job answered and said,
2. “How have you helped the powerless, or saved the arm that has no strength?
3. How have you advised those who have no wisdom? How have you plentifully declared sound knowledge?
4. To whom have you spoken words? And whose spirit came from you?
5. The dead tremble beneath the waters, and those who dwell in them.
6. The grave is naked before Him, and destruction has no covering.
7. He stretches out the north over the empty space, and He hung the earth on nothing.
8. He binds up the waters in His thick clouds; and the cloud is not torn under them.
9. He covers the face of His throne, spreading His cloud upon it.
10. He has prescribed a limit upon the surface of the waters, and a boundary between light and darkness.
11. The pillars of the heavens tremble and are astonished at His rebuke.
12. He quiets the sea with His power, and by His understanding He shatters the storm.
13. By His Spirit He has made the heavens beautiful; His hand pierced the fleeing serpent.
14. Lo, these are only the outer fringes of His ways; but what a trifling whisper we hear about Him! And the thunder of His power who can understand?”
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved