1. And Job continued his speech, and said,
2. “As God lives, He has denied me justice; and the Almighty has made my soul bitter.
4. My lips shall not speak wickedness, nor my tongue utter deceit.
5. Far be it from me that I should declare you to be right; until I die I will not retract my integrity from me.
6. I hold fast my righteousness, and I will not let it go; my heart shall not shame me so long as I live.
7. Let my enemy be like the wicked, and he who rises up against me as the unrighteous.
8. For what is the hope of the hypocrite, though he has gained much, when God takes away his life?
9. Will God hear his cry when trouble comes upon him?
10. Will he delight himself in the Almighty? Will he always call upon God?
11. I will teach you by the hand of God; that which is with the Almighty I will not hide.
12. Behold, all of you have seen it yourselves; indeed why then do you become completely vain?
13. This is the portion of a wicked man with God, and the inheritance of oppressors which they shall receive from the Almighty.
14. If his children are multiplied, the sword is for them; and his offspring shall not be satisfied with bread.
15. Those who survive of him shall be buried by pestilence; and his widows shall not weep.
16. Though he heaps up silver like the dust, and prepares clothing like the clay,
17. While he may prepare, the just shall put it on, and the innocent shall divide the silver.
18. He builds his house like a moth, and like a booth that a watchman makes.
19. The rich man shall lie down, but shall not be gathered. He opens his eyes, and his wealth is not.
20. Terrors overtake him like flooding waters; a tempest steals him away in the night.
21. The east wind carries him up, and he is gone; for it sweeps him out of his place.
22. For it will hurl at him, and will not spare; he will surely try to flee from its power.
23. Men shall clap their hands at him, and shall hiss him out of his place.”
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved