1. And Job continued speaking, and said,
2. “Oh, that I were as in months past, as in the days when God watched over me;
3. When His lamp shined upon my head; and when I walked through darkness by His light;
4. As I was in the days of my youth, when the secret of God was upon my tabernacle;
5. When the Almighty was yet with me, and my children were around me;
6. When I washed my steps with butter, and the rock pressed out rivers of oil for me;
7. When I went out to the gate of the city; when I prepared my seat in the square!
8. The young men saw me and hid themselves; and the aged arose and stood up.
9. The rulers refrained from talking, and laid their hands on their mouths.
10. The noble’s voice was subdued, and their tongue clung to the roof of their mouth.
11. When the ear heard me then it blessed me. And when the eye saw me it gave witness to me.
12. For I delivered the poor who cried for help, and the fatherless who had none to help.
13. The blessing of him that was ready to perish came upon me; and I caused the widow’s heart to sing for joy.
14. I put on righteousness, and it clothed me; my justice was like a robe and a diadem.
15. I was eyes to the blind and feet to the lame.
16. I was a father to the poor; and the cause which I did not know, I searched out.
17. I broke the fangs of the wicked, and plucked the prey out of his teeth.
18. Then I said, ‘I shall die in my nest, and I shall multiply my days like the sand.’
19. My root was spread out to the waters, and the dew lay all night upon my branch.
20. My glory was fresh in me, and my bow was renewed in my hand.
21. They listened to me, and waited, and kept silent at my counsel.
22. After my words they did not speak again; and my speech dropped on them.
23. And they waited for me like the rain; and they opened their mouth wide as for the latter rain.
24. I smiled on them when they did not believe; and the light of my countenance they did not cast down.
25. I chose out their way, and sat as chief; and I lived like a king in the army, as one who comforts the mourners.”
HVqi3msHSp1csI were as in monthsH3391
HNcmsaas in the daysH3117
HNcmsawatched over me;H8104
When His lampH5216
HNcmscHSp1csand when I walkedH3212
HNcmsaby His light;H216
As I wasH1961
HVqp1csin the daysH3117
HRHNcmpcof my youth,H2779
When the AlmightyH7706
HNcmpcHSp1cswere around me;H5439
When I washedH7364
HRHNcfsaand the rockH6697
When I went outH3318
HRHVqcHSp1csto the gateH8179
HNcmscHSp1csin the square!H7339
The young menH5288
HVqp3cpHSp1csand hid themselves;H2244
HCHVNp3cpand the agedH3453
HCHNcfsaon their mouths.H6310
HVNp3cpand their tongueH3956
HVqp3fsto the roof of their mouth.H2441
HVqp3fsme then it blessed me.H833
HCHVpw3fsHSp1csAnd when the eyeH5869
HVqp3fsme it gave witness to me.H5749
HAamsawho cried for help,H7768
HVprmsaand the fatherlessH3490
HNcfscof him that was ready to perishH6
HRHSp1csand I caused the widow'sH490
HCHNcmscto sing for joy.H7442
I put onH3847
HNcmsaand it clothed me;H3847
HNcmscHSp1cswaslike a robeH4598
HRHNcmsaand a diadem.H6797
HNcbdato the blindH5787
HCHNcfdato the lame.H6455
HNcmsato the poor;H34
HRdHAampaand the causeH7379
HCHNcbsawhich I did notH3808
HVqp1csI searched out.H2713
HNcfpcof the wicked,H5767
HNcmsaout of his teeth.H8127
Then I said,H559
HCHVqw1cs'I shall dieH1478
HNcmscHSp1csand I shall multiplyH7235
HNcmpalike the sand.'H2344
HNcmpaand the dewH2919
HCHNcmsalay all nightH3885
HVqi3msupon my branch.H7105
HRHSp1csand my bowH7198
HVhi3fsin my hand.H3027
HCHVpp3cpand kept silentH1826
HNcmscHSp1csthey did notH3808
HVqi3mpand my speechH4405
And they waitedH3176
HRHSp1cslike the rain;H4306
HRdHNcmsaand they openedH6473
HCHNcmscHSp3mpwide as for the latter rain.H4456
HRHSp3mpwhenthey did notH3808
HVhi3mpand the lightH216
HCHNcbscof my countenanceH6440
HNcbpcHSp1csthey did notH3808
Copyright © 2023 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved