1. And these three men ceased to answer Job, because he was righteous in his own eyes.
2. Then was kindled the anger of Elihu the son of Barachel the Buzite, of the family of Ram. His wrath burned against Job, because he had justified himself rather than God.
3. Also his wrath was kindled against his three friends, because they had found no answer and yet had condemned Job.
4. Now Elihu had waited to speak to Job, because they were older than he in days.
5. When Elihu saw that there was no answer in the mouth of these three men, then his wrath was kindled.
6. And Elihu the son of Barachel the Buzite answered and said, “I am young, and you are very old; therefore I was afraid, and dared not show you my opinion.
7. I said, ‘The aged should speak, and the multitude of years should teach wisdom.’
8. But there is a spirit in man and the inspiration of the Almighty gives them understanding.
9. Great men are not always wise; neither do the aged understand justice.
10. Therefore I say, ‘Hearken to me. I also will declare my opinion.’
11. Behold, I waited for your words; I listened to your reasons, while you searched out what to say.
12. Yea, I listened intently to you, and, behold, not one of you proved Job wrong nor answered his words,
13. Lest you should say, ‘We have found out wisdom. God has vanquished him, not man.’
14. And he has not directed his words against me; and I will not answer him with your words.
15. They were amazed, and answered no more; words left them.
16. Shall I wait (because they do not speak, because they stand there and answer no more?)
17. I said, ‘I also will answer my part; I also will declare my opinion.
18. For I am full of the matter; the spirit within me constrains me.
19. Behold, my inner being is as wine which has no vent; it is ready to burst like new wineskins.
20. I will speak so that I may be refreshed; I will open my lips and answer.
21. Let me not, I pray you, accept any man’s person, neither let me give flattering titles unto man.
22. For I do not know how to give flattering titles to any man, else my Maker would soon take me away.’ ”
Then was kindledH2734
HTdHNgmsaof the familyH4940
HRhe had justifiedH6663
HNcbscHSp3msrather than God.H430
Also his wrathH639
HVqp3msagainst his threeH7969
HTrthey had foundH4672
HNcmsaand yet had condemnedH7561
HCthere was noH369
HNcmsain the mouthH6310
HRHNcmscof these threeH7969
HTdHNcmpathen his wrathH639
HCHVqw3ms"I am young,H6810
HVqp1csand dared notH3372
HRHVpcyou my opinion.H1843
Copyright © 2024 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved