1. “Wherefore, Job, please hear my speech, and hearken to all my words.
2. Behold, now I have opened my mouth, my tongue has spoken in my mouth,
3. My words shall be from the uprightness of my heart, and my lips will clearly speak knowledge.
4. The Spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life.
5. If you can, answer me; set yourself in order before me, stand up.
6. Behold, I am according to your wish in God’s stead; I also am formed out of
7. Behold, my terror shall not make you afraid, and my burden shall not be heavy upon you.
8. Surely you have spoken in my ears, and I have heard the sound of your words, saying,
9. ‘I am pure, without transgression; I am innocent, and there is no iniquity in me;
10. Behold, He finds occasions against me, He counts me as His enemy;
11. He puts my feet in the stocks; He marks all my paths.’
12. Behold, in this you are not right; I will answer you, for God is greater than man.
13. Why do you fight against Him? For He does not give account for any of His matters.
14. For God speaks once, yea, twice, yet man does not perceive it.
15. In a dream, a vision of the night, when deep sleep falls upon men; while they slumber upon the bed;
16. Then He opens the ear of men and seals their instruction,
17. So that He may turn man away from his own purpose, that He may keep man from pride.
18. He keeps back his soul from the pit, and his life from perishing by the sword.
19. He also chastened man with pain upon his bed, and with strong pain in his bones;
20. So that his life abhors bread, and his soul detests desirable food.
21. His flesh visibly consumes away; and his bones that were not seen stick out.
22. Yea, his soul draws near to the pit, and his life to the destroyers.
23. If there is a messenger for him, a mediator, one among a thousand, to vouch for a man’s uprightness,
24. Then He is gracious to him and says, ‘Deliver him from going down to the pit; for I have found a ransom.’
25. His flesh shall be fresher than a child’s; he shall return to the days of his youth;
26. He shall pray to God, and He will be gracious to him; and he shall see His face with joy, for He will restore to man his righteousness.
27. He will observe men, and if any says, ‘I have sinned and perverted what is right; and it profited me nothing,’
28. He will rescue his soul from going into the pit, and his life shall see the light.
29. Lo, all these things God does twice, yea, three times with a man,
30. To bring back his soul from the pit, to be enlightened with the light of the living.
31. Hear this, Job, hearken unto me; be silent and I will speak.
32. If you have anything to say, answer me; speak, for I desire to justify you.
33. If not, hearken unto me; be silent, and I will teach you wisdom.”
HVpp3fsin my mouth,H2441
HNcmpcHSp1csshall befrom the uprightnessH3476
HNcmscof my heart,H3820
HNcmscHSp1csand my lipsH8193
The Spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life.
HVhv2msHSp1csset yourself in orderH6186
HPp1csamaccording to your wishH6310
HVPp1csout of the clay.H2563
HTnmake you afraid,H1204
HVpi3fsHSp2msand my burdenH405
HTayou have spokenH559
HVqp2msin my ears,H241
HRHNcfdcHSp1csand I have heardH8085
HCHNcmscof your words,H4405
HAamsaand there is noH3808
HRHSp1csHe counts meH2803
HNcfdcHSp1csin the stocks;H5465
HPdxfsyou are notH3808
HVqp2msI will answer you,H6030
HTido you fightH7378
HNcmscHe does notH3808
HVqi3msfor any of His matters.H1697
HCHRHAcfdayet man does notH3808
In a dream, a vision of the night, when deep sleep falls upon men; while they slumber upon the bed;>
So that He may turnH5493
HNcmsaaway from his own purpose,H4639
HNcmsathat He may keepH3680
He keeps backH2820
HNcfsaand his lifeH2416
HRHVqcby the sword.H7973
He also chastenedH3198
HCHVHq3msman with painH4341
HNcmscHSp3msand with strongH386
So that his lifeH2416
HNcbsaand his soulH5315
HVqj3msand his bonesH6106
Yea, his soulH5315
HCHVqw3fsto the pit,H7845
HRdHNcfsaand his lifeH2416
HCHNcfscHSp3msto the destroyers.H4191
HRHVhcfor a man'sH120
Then He is gracious to himH2603
HVqv2msHSp3msfrom going downH3381
HRHVqcto the pit;H7845
HNcfsafor I have foundH4672
HNcmscHSp3msshall be fresherH7375
HVQp3msthan a child's;H5290
HRHNcmsahe shall returnH7725
HVqi3msto the daysH3117
HRHNcmpcof his youth;H5934
He shall prayH6279
HNcmsaand He will be gracious to him;H7521
HCHVqw3msHSp3msand he shall seeH7200
HRHNcfsafor He will restoreH7725
He will observeH7789
HNcmpaand if any says,H559
HCHVqw3ms'I have sinnedH2398
HVhp1cswhat is right;H3477
HCHAamsaand it profitedH7737
He will rescueH6299
HNcbscHSp3msfrom going intoH5674
HRdHNcfsaand his lifeH2416
HNcfdayea, three timesH7969
To bring back his soul from the pit, to be enlightened with the light of the living.
HTmanything to say,H4405
HVqp1csto justify you.H6663
Copyright © 2023 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved