1. And Elihu answered and said,
2. “Hear my words, O you wise men; and give ear to me, you who have knowledge;
3. For the ear tries words, as the palate tastes food.
4. Let us choose for ourselves what is right; let us know among ourselves what is good.
5. For Job has said, ‘I am righteous; but God has denied me justice;
6. Should I lie against my right? My wound cannot be cured; I am without transgression.’
7. What man is like Job, who drinks up scorning like water;
8. Who goes in company with the workers of iniquity, and walks with wicked men?
9. For he has said, ‘It profits a man nothing when he delights himself in God.’
10. Therefore hearken to me, O you men of understanding; far be it from God to commit iniquity; and from the Almighty, that He should commit iniquity.
11. For the work of a man shall He render unto him, and cause every man to find according to his ways.
12. Yea, surely God will not do wickedly, neither will the Almighty pervert judgment.
13. Who has given Him charge over the earth? Or who has appointed Him over the whole world?
15. All flesh shall perish together, and man shall return again to the dust.
16. If now you have understanding, hear this; hearken to the voice of my words.
17. Indeed, shall anyone who hates justice govern? And will you condemn Him who is most just and mighty?
18. Who says to a king, ‘O worthless one;’ and to nobles, ‘O ungodly ones’?
19. How much less to Him who does not respect the persons of princes, nor regard the rich more than the poor? For all of them are the work of His hands.
20. In a moment they die, and people are troubled at midnight and pass away; and the mighty shall be taken away without a hand.
21. For His eyes are on the ways of man, and He sees all his steps.
22. There is no darkness, nor shadow of death where the workers of iniquity may hide themselves.
23. For He will not lay upon man more than right that he should enter into judgment with God.
24. He shall break in pieces mighty men without number, and set others in their place.
25. Therefore He knows their works, and He overturns them in the night, so that they are destroyed.
26. He strikes them as wicked men in the open sight of others,
27. Because they turned back from following Him, and they did not consider any of His ways;
28. So that they cause the cry of the poor to come to Him, for He hears the cry of the afflicted.
29. When He is quiet, who then can condemn? And when He hides His face, who then can behold Him? Whether it is done against a nation or against a man only;
30. That the godless man should not reign, that he should not ensnare the people.
31. For has any said to God, ‘I have borne chastisement; though I have not offended.
32. You teach me that which I have not seen; if I have done iniquity, I will do it no more’?
33. Shall His recompense be as you desire? For you have rejected it. For you must choose, and not I; therefore speak what you know.
34. Let men of understanding tell me, and let a wise man hearken unto me,
35. ‘Job has spoken without knowledge, and his words were without wisdom.’
36. My desire is that Job may be tried unto the end because his answers are like those of wicked men.
37. For he adds rebellion to his sin; he claps his hands among us, and multiplies his words against God.”
For he has said, 'It profits a man nothing when he delights himself in God.'>
HRHSp1csO you menH376
HNcmsafar be itH2486
HRdHNcmsato commit iniquity;H7562
HRHNcmsaand from the Almighty,H7706
HCHNpthat He should commit iniquity.H5766
How much less to Him whoH834
HCall of themH3605
HNcmscof His hands.H3027
In a momentH7281
HNcmsaand pass away;H5674
HCHVqi3mpand the mightyH47
HAamsashall be taken awayH5493
So that they cause the cry of the poor to come to Him, for He hears the cry of the afflicted.
HCHTithen can condemn?H7561
HVhi3msAnd when He hidesH5641
HCHTithen can behold Him?H7789
HVqi3msHSp1cpWhether it is done againstH5921
Shall His recompenseH7999
HVpi3msHSp3fsbe as you desire?H5973
HCyou have rejectedH3988
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved