1. And Eliphaz the Temanite answered:
2. “Shall one try to speak a word with you, or will you grow weary? But who can hold back himself from speaking?
3. Behold, you have instructed many, and you have made the weak hands strong.
4. Your words have upheld him who was falling, and you have made strong the feeble knees.
5. But now it has come upon you, and you faint. It touches you, and you are troubled.
6. Is not your fear of God your confidence, and the uprightness of your ways your hope?
7. Remember now who ever perished being innocent? Or where were the righteous ever cut off?
8. Even as I have seen, the ones who plow iniquity and sow wickedness reap the same.
9. By the blast of God they perish, and by the breath of His nostrils they are destroyed.
10. The roar of the lion, and the voice of the fierce lion, and the teeth of the young lions, are broken.
11. The strong lion perishes for lack of prey, and the strong lion’s cubs are scattered abroad.
12. And a word was secretly brought to me, and my ear received a little of it.
13. In thoughts from the visions of the night, when deep sleep falls upon men,
14. Fear came upon me, and trembling, which made all my bones shake.
15. And a spirit passed before my face; the hair of my flesh stood up.
16. It stood still, but I could not tell the form of it. An image was before my eyes; there was silence; then I heard a voice saying,
17. ‘Shall mortal man be more just than God? Shall a man be more pure than his Maker?
18. Behold, He puts no trust in His servants servants, and His angels He charges with folly!
19. How much less in those who live in houses of clay, whose foundation is in the dust, who are crushed before the moth?
20. They are destroyed from morning till evening; they perish forever without anyone regarding it.
21. Does not their excellency which is within them go away? They die, but even without wisdom.’ ”
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved