1. “Call now, is there anyone who will answer you? And to which of the saints will you turn?
2. For wrath kills the fool, and envy slays the simple one.
3. I have seen the fool taking root, but suddenly I beheld his dwelling place cursed.
4. His children are far from safety, and they are crushed in the gate, nor is there any to deliver them.
5. Their harvest the hungry eats up, and takes it even out of the thorns; and the snare swallows up their wealth.
6. For affliction does not come forth from the dust, nor does trouble spring up out of the ground;
7. Yet man is born to trouble, as the sparks fly upward.
8. But as for me, I would seek to God, and to God I would commit my cause,
9. Who is doing great things, even beyond searching; marvelous things without number,
10. Who gives rain upon the earth and sends waters upon the field,
11. To set on high those who are low, so that those who mourn may be lifted up to safety;
12. He frustrates the devising of the crafty, so that their hands cannot achieve prosperity.
13. He takes the wise in their own craftiness; and the schemes of the cunning are carried headlong upon them.
14. They meet with darkness in the daytime, and grope at the noonday as in the night.
15. But He saves the poor from the sword, from their mouth, and from the hand of the mighty.
16. So then there is hope for the weak, and iniquity shuts her mouth.
17. Behold, happy is the man whom God corrects. Therefore do not despise the chastening of the Almighty.
18. For He makes sore, and binds up; He wounds, and His hands make whole.
19. He will deliver you in six troubles; yea, in seven no evil shall touch you.
20. In famine He shall redeem you from death; and in war from the power of the sword.
21. You shall be hidden from the scourge of the tongue; neither shall you be afraid of destruction when it comes.
22. At destruction and famine you shall laugh; neither shall you be afraid of the beasts of the earth.
23. For you shall be in covenant with the stones of the field; and the beasts of the field shall be at peace with you.
24. And you shall know that your tabernacle is in peace; and you shall visit your habitation, and shall miss nothing.
25. And you shall know that your seed will be numerous, and your offspring as the grass of the earth.
26. You shall come to your grave in a full age, like a shock of grain comes in its season.
27. Behold this, we have searched it out; it is true. Hear it and know for yourself.”
HVqi3msand takes itH3947
HVqi3msHSp3mseven out ofH413
HRHNcmpaand the snareH6782
HCyou shall be in covenantH1285
HNcfpcof the field;H7704
HTdHNcmsaand the beastsH2416
HCHNcfscof the fieldH7704
HTdHNcmsashall be at peaceH7999
And you shall knowH3045
HNcmsaand you shall visitH6485
HNcbscHSp2msand shall missH2398
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved