1. And Job answered the LORD and said,
2. “I know that You can do all things, and that no thought can be withheld from You.
3. You asked, ‘Who is he who hides counsel without knowledge?’ Therefore I have spoken that which I did not understand; things too wonderful for me; yea, which I did not know.
4. Hear, I beseech You, and I will speak; You said, ‘I will ask of you, and you will declare to Me.’
5. I have heard of You by the hearing of the ear; but now my eye sees You.
6. Therefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.”
7. And it came to pass after the LORD had spoken these words to Job, the LORD said to Eliphaz the Temanite, “My wrath is kindled against you and your two friends. For you have not spoken of Me what is right, as My servant Job has.
8. And now therefore take to yourselves seven young bulls and seven rams, and go to My servant Job, and offer up for yourselves a burnt offering. And My servant Job will pray for you. For him will I accept; lest I deal with you according to your foolishness, for you have not spoken of Me what is right, like My servant Job.”
9. And Eliphaz the Temanite, and Bildad the Shuhite, and Zophar the Naamathite, went and did according as the LORD commanded them. The LORD also accepted Job.
10. And the LORD lifted up the face of Job when he prayed for his friends. Also the LORD added double to Job all that had been his.
11. Then all his brothers came to him, and all his sisters, and all those who had known him before. And they ate bread with him in his house, and consoled him and comforted him over all the evil that the LORD had brought upon him. Each one also gave him a piece of money, and each one a ring of gold.
12. And the LORD blessed the latter days of Job more than the beginning. For he had fourteen thousand sheep, and six thousand camels, and a thousand yoke of oxen, and a thousand female donkeys.
13. He also had seven sons and three daughters.
14. And he called the name of the first, Jemimah; and the name of the second, Keziah; and the name of the third, Keren -Happuch.
15. And in all the land there were not found women as beautiful as the daughters of Job. And their father gave them inheritance among their brothers.
16. After this Job lived a hundred and forty years, and he saw his sons, and his sons’ sons, four generations.
17. And Job died, being old and full of days.
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved