1. And Bildad the Shuhite answered and said,
2. “How long will you speak these things, since the words of your mouth are like a strong wind?
3. Does God pervert justice? Or does the Almighty pervert that which is right?
4. If your sons have sinned against Him, and if He has cast them away for their transgression,
5. If you would seek earnestly to God and make your supplication to the Almighty;
6. If you were pure and upright, surely now He would awake for you, and make the dwelling place of your righteousness prosperous.
7. And if your beginning was small, yet your end would greatly increase.
8. For please inquire of the former age, and consider that which their fathers have searched out,
9. For we are but of yesterday and know nothing, because our days on earth are a shadow.
10. Shall they not teach you, and tell you, and speak words out of their heart?
11. Can the rush grow up without mire? Can the reed grass grow without water?
12. While it is yet in its greenness, and not cut down, it dries out before any other herb.
13. So are the paths of all who forget God; and the hope of the hypocrite shall perish.
14. His hope shall be cut off, and his trust shall be a spider’s web.
15. He shall lean on his house, but it shall not stand; he shall hold fast to it, but it shall not endure.
16. He is moist before the sun, and his branches shoot forth in his garden.
17. His roots are wrapped around the heap, and he sees the place of stones.
18. If he is destroyed from his place, then it shall deny him saying, ‘I have not seen you.’
19. Behold, this is the joy of his way, and out of the earth shall others grow.
20. Behold, God will not cast away the innocent, nor will He help the evildoers,
21. Until He fills your mouth with laughter, and your lips with rejoicing.
22. Those who hate you shall be clothed with shame; and the tent of the wicked shall come to nought.”
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved