1. “Truly, truly I say to you, the one who does not enter the sheepfold through the door, but climbs up some other way, that one is a thief and a robber.
2. But the one who enters through the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
3. To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.
4. When he brings the sheep out, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him because they know his voice.
5. But they will never follow a stranger for they will flee from him because they do not know the voice of strangers.”
6. Jesus spoke this parable to them, but they did not understand what He was saying to them.
7. Therefore, Jesus again said to them, “Truly, truly I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.
8. All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
9. I am the door. If anyone enters through Me, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and shall find pasture.
10. The thief does not come except to steal and kill and destroy. I have come so that they may have life, and may have it more abundantly.
11. I am the good Shepherd. The good Shepherd lays down His life for the sheep.
12. But the one who is a hireling, and who is not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep, and flees. And the wolf seizes the sheep and scatters them.
13. Now the hireling flees because he is a hireling and has no concern for the sheep.
14. I am the good Shepherd, and I know those who are Mine, and am known of those who are Mine.
15. Just as the Father knows Me, I also know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep.
16. And I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring those also, and they shall hear My voice; and there shall be one flock and one Shepherd.
17. On account of this, the Father loves Me: because I lay down My life, that I may receive it back again.
18. No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have authority to lay it down and authority to receive it back again. This commandment I received from My Father.”
19. Therefore, there was a division again among the Jews because of these words.
20. And many of them said, “He has a demon and is crazy. Why do you listen to Him?”
21. Others said, “These sayings are not those of one who is possessed by a demon. Does a demon have the power to open the eyes of the blind?”
22. Now it was winter, and the feast of dedication was taking place at Jerusalem.
23. And Jesus was walking in the temple in Solomon’s porch.
24. Then the Jews encircled Him and said to Him, “How long are You going to hold us in suspense? If You are the Christ, tell us plainly.”
25. Jesus answered them, “I have told you, but you do not believe. The works that I am doing in My Father’s name, these bear witness of Me.
26. But you do not believe because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you.
27. My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.
28. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; and no one shall take them out of My hand.
29. My Father, Who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one has the power to seize them from My Father’s hand.
31. Then the Jews again picked up stones so that they might stone Him.
32. Jesus answered them, “Many good works I have showed you from My Father. For which of them are you about to stone Me?”
33. The Jews answered Him, saying, “We will not stone You for a good work, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a man, are making Yourself God.”
36. Why do you say of Him Whom the Father has sanctified and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’?
37. If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe Me.
38. But if I do, even if you do not believe Me, believe the works; so that you may perceive and may believe that the Father is in Me, and I in Him.”
39. Then they again sought to take Him; but He escaped out of their hands,
40. And departed again beyond Jordan to the place where John was first baptizing; and He remained there.
41. And many came to Him and said, “John did not do even one miracle, but everything that John said concerning this Man is true.”
42. And many believed in Him there.
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved