2. And His disciples asked Him, saying, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”
3. Jesus answered, “Neither did this man sin, nor his parents; rather, this blindness came so that the works of God might be manifested in him.
4. I must work the works of Him Who sent Me while it is still day. When the night comes, no one is able to work.
5. As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.”
6. After saying these things, He spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and applied the clay to the eyes of the blind man.
8. Therefore, the neighbors and those who had seen him before, and knew that he was blind, said, “Isn’t he the one who was sitting and begging?”
9. Some said, “It is he.” But others said, “He is like him.” He said, “I am the one.”
10. Then they said to him, “How were your eyes opened?”
11. He answered and said, “A Man called Jesus made clay, and applied it to my eyes, and said to me, ‘Go to the pool of Siloam and wash’; and after I went and washed, I received sight.”
12. Then they said to him, “Where is He?” He said, “I do not know.”
13. They brought him who was once blind to the Pharisees.
15. Therefore, the Pharisees in turn also asked him how he had received sight. And he said to them, “He put clay on my eyes, and I washed; and now I see.”
16. Then some of the Pharisees said, “This man is not from God because He does not keep the Sabbath.” (see explanation) Others said, “How can a man who is a sinner do such miracles?” And there was a division among them.
17. They said to the blind man again, “What do you say about Him since He opened your eyes?” And he said, “He is a prophet.”
18. However, the Jews did not believe this about him, that he was blind and had received sight, until they called the parents of the one who had received sight.
19. And they asked them, saying, “Is this your son, who you say was born blind? How then does he now see?”
20. His parents answered them and said, “We know that this is our son, and that he was born blind.
21. But how he now sees, we do not know; or who opened his eyes, we do not know. He is of age; ask him. He will speak for himself.”
22. His parents said these things because they were afraid of the Jews; for the Jews had already agreed among themselves that if anyone confessed Him to be the Christ, he would be put out of the synagogue.
23. For this reason, his parents said, “He is of age; ask him.”
24. Therefore, they called a second time for the man who had been born blind, and said to him, “Give glory to God. We know that this Man is a sinner.”
25. Then he answered and said, “Whether He is a sinner, I do not know. One thing I do know, that I was blind, and now I see.”
26. And they said to him again, “What did He do to you? How did He open your eyes?”
27. He answered them, “I have already told you, and you did not listen. Why do you want to hear it again? Do you desire to become His disciples, too?”
28. Then they railed at him and said,”You are His disciple, but we are Moses’ disciples.
30. The man answered and said to them, “This is truly an amazing thing, that you do not know where He has come from, yet He has opened my eyes.
31. Now we know that God does not hear sinners. But if anyone is God-fearing and is doing His will, He hears him.
32. From the beginning of the world it has never been heard of that anyone has opened the eyes of one who was born blind.
33. If this man were not from God, He could do nothing.”
34. They answered and said to him, “You were born wholly in sin, and you are teaching us?” And they cast him out.
35. Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when He found him, He said to him, “Do you believe in the Son of God?”
36. He answered and said, “Who is He, Lord, that I may believe in Him?”
37. And Jesus said to him, “You have seen Him, and He is the One Who is even now speaking to you.”
38. Then he said, “Lord, I believe.” And he worshiped Him.
39. And Jesus said, “For judgment I have come into this world so that those who do not see might see, and those who see might become blind.”
40. And those of the Pharisees who were with Him heard these things; and they said to Him, “Are we also blind?”
41. Jesus said to them, “If you were blind, you would not have sin. But now you say, ‘We see.’ Therefore, your sin remains.”
CONJhe was bornG1080
CONJ-Ndid this manG3778
CONJthis blindness came so thatG2443
N-GSMmight be manifestedG5319
N-APNof Him WhoG3588
V-AAI-3Son the ground,G5476
And He saidG2036
R-NSNis, by interpretation,G2059
V-2AAI-3Sfrom there seeing.G991
A-ASNand knew thatG3754
PRT-Nhe the oneG3778
V-AAI-3Sit to myG3450
CONJafter I wentG565
V-AMP-NSMI received sight."G308
ADVhe had received sight.G308
CONJHe does notG3756
N-NSMwho is a sinnerG268
T-NSMAnd he said,G2036
CONJhad received sight,G308
N-APMof the oneG846
T-GSMhad received sight.G308
CONJdoes he nowG737
CONJhe was bornG1080
V-PAI-3Swe do notG3756
CONJthey were afraidG5399
V-LMI-3Pamong themselves thatG2443
P-ASMto be the Christ,G5547
N-ASM-The would beG1096
V-2ADS-3Sput out of the synagogue.G656
V-AAI-3Pa second timeG1208
A-NSMI do notG3756
A-ASNI do know,G1492
P-DPM"I have alreadyG2235
CONJyou did notG3756
I-ASNdo you wantG2309
D-ASMMan, we do notG3756
ADVHe has come from."G2076
V-PXI-3Struly an amazing thing,G2298
ADVHe has come from,G2076
CONJHe has openedG455
T-GSMbeginning of the worldG165
N-GSMit has neverG3756
PRT-Nbeen heard ofG191
N-APMof one who was bornG1080
CONJthey had castG1544
CONJwhen He foundG2147
P-DSM"You have seenG3708
T-NSMWho is evenG2532
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved