1. But Jesus went to the Mount of Olives.
2. And at dawn He came again into the temple, and all the people came to Him; and He sat down and taught them.
3. Then the scribes and the Pharisees brought to Him a woman who had been taken in adultery; and after setting her in the center,
4. They said to Him, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the very act of committing adultery.
5. And in the law, Moses commanded us that those who commit such a sin should be stoned. Therefore, what do You say?”
6. Now they said this to tempt Him, so that they might have cause to accuse Him. But Jesus stooped down and wrote on the ground with His finger.
7. And as they continued to ask Him, He lifted Himself up and said to them, “Let the sinless one among you cast the first stone at her.”
8. And again He stooped down and wrote on the ground.
9. But after hearing this, they were convicted each by his own conscience, and went out one by one, beginning with the older ones until the last. And Jesus was left alone, with the woman standing in the center.
10. And when Jesus lifted Himself up and saw no one but the woman, He said to her, “Woman, where are your accusers? Did anyone condemn you?”
12. Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world; the one who follows Me shall never walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.”
13. Therefore, the Pharisees said to Him, “You are testifying about Yourself; Your testimony is not true.”
14. Jesus answered and said to them, “Even if I testify about Myself, My testimony is true, because I know where I have come from and where I am going. But you do not know where I come from and where I go.
15. You judge according to the flesh; I judge no one.
17. And it is written in your law that the testimony of two men is true.
18. I am One Who bears witness of Myself, and the Father, Who sent Me bears witness of Me.”
19. Then they said to Him, “Where is Your Father?” Jesus answered, “You know neither Me nor My Father. If you had known Me, you would also have known My Father.”
20. Jesus spoke these words in the treasury while teaching in the temple; but no one arrested Him because His time had not yet come.
21. Then Jesus said to them again, “I am going away; and you shall seek Me, but you shall die in your sin. Where I am going, you are not able to come.”
22. Therefore, the Jews said, “Will He kill Himself? Is that why He says, ‘Where I am going, you are not able to come’? ”
23. And He said to them, “You are from beneath; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world.
24. That is why I said to you that you shall die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I AM, you shall die in your sins.”
25. Then they said to Him, “Who are You?” And Jesus said to them, “The One that I said to you from the beginning.
27. But they did not know that He was speaking to them of the Father.
30. As He spoke these things, many believed in Him.
31. Therefore, Jesus said to the Jews who had believed in Him, “If you continue in My word, you are truly My disciples.
32. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free.”
33. They answered Him, “We are Abraham’s seed, and have never been in bondage to anyone. What do You mean by saying, ‘You shall become free’?”
34. Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly I say to you, everyone who practices sin is a servant of sin.
35. And the servant does not live in the house forever; but the Son lives forever.
36. Therefore, if the Son shall set you free, you shall truly be free.
37. I know that you are Abraham’s seed; but you are seeking to kill Me, because My words do not enter into your minds.
38. I speak the things that I have seen from My Father, and you do the things that you have seen from your father.”
39. They answered and said to Him, “Our father is Abraham.” Jesus said to them, “If you were Abraham’s children, you would do the works of Abraham.
40. But now you seek to kill Me, a Man who has spoken the truth to you, which I have heard from God; Abraham did not do this.
41. You are doing the works of your father.” Then they said to Him, “We have not been born of fornication. We have one Father, and that is God.”
43. Why don’t you understand My speech? Because you cannot bear to hear My words.
44. You are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father you desire to practice. He was a murderer from the beginning, and has not stood in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he is speaking from his own self; for he is a liar, and the father of it.
45. And because I speak the truth, you do not believe Me.
46. Which one of you can convict Me of sin? But if I speak the truth, why don’t you believe Me?
48. Then the Jews answered and said to Him, “Are we not right in saying that You are a Samaritan and have a demon?”
49. Jesus answered, “I do not have a demon. But I honor My Father, and you dishonor Me.
50. Yet I do not seek My own glory; there is One Who seeks and judges.
51. Truly, truly I say to you, if anyone keeps My words, he shall not see death forever.”
52. Then the Jews said to Him, “Now we know that You have a demon. Abraham and the prophets died; yet You say, ‘If anyone keeps My words, he shall not taste of death forever.’
53. Are You greater than our father Abraham who died? And the prophets, who died? Who do You make Yourself to be?”
54. Jesus answered, “If I glorify Myself, My glory is nothing. It is My Father Who glorifies Me, of Whom you say that He is your God.
55. Yet you have not known Him; but I know Him. And if I say that I do not know Him, I shall be a liar, like you. But I know Him, and I keep His Word.
56. Abraham your father was overjoyed to see My day; and he saw it, and rejoiced.”
57. Then the Jews said to Him, “You are not even fifty years old, and You have seen Abraham?”
59. Then they picked up stones to throw at Him. But Jesus concealed Himself and went out of the temple, passing through the midst of them, and in this manner departed.
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved